AI7 post code AF

Just installed the AI7 motherboard with ATI9200 based 8X AGP. From a cold
start, it boots just fine and appears to run for at least a couple hours.
Restart works fine also, I can reboot that way all I want.

But, If I power down, the system will not boot up again for a minimum of 30
minutes (I haven't got a time limit pegged down precisely but it is longer
than the "delay before Thermal" setting in BIOS). The Display is blank and
the Post code always stops at "AF" (somtimes immedietly sometimes after
displaying other post codes first.).

This post code is not in the manual (and neither are many I have seen on
the display). Is my board defective, is this normal? I noticed a hot smell
while it was operating but the temp sensors were no more than 31C and
nothing felt hot when I inspected. Powering off the supply totally and
resetting CMOS seem to have no effect on this restart delay.

I plan to pull it all out and try to get a new MB tomorrow unless someone
can shed some real light on my situation.

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

almost sounds like the PSU may be an issue... is the PSU a solid unit with
plenty of amperage?

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified