Media XP problem: Device cannot start. Code 10

Using Media XP with Windows XP Pro (primarily the Compact Flash card
reader). I've used the card reader for more than a year, never had any
problems.

Lately, the device has become very unreliable, and is currently listed in
the Device Manager as "This device cannot start. Code 10". The USB ports are
still operative.

Recent hardware changes to my system: I've replaced a CD player with a NEC
DVD burner.

I've tried to uninstall the USB Mass Storage Device from the Device manager,
but it doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jarle
1 answer Last reply
More about media problem device start code

    Have you tried unplugging all of the Media XP connectors from the
    Motherboard and plugging them back in? I had a similar problem and this
    corrected it. Don't know why, but it worked.

    DDDD

    "Jarle Aasland" <jaaslan.nospam@online.nospam.no> wrote in message
    > Using Media XP with Windows XP Pro (primarily the Compact Flash card
    > reader). I've used the card reader for more than a year, never had any
    > problems.
    >

    > Lately, the device has become very unreliable, and is currently listed in
    > the Device Manager as "This device cannot start. Code 10". The USB ports
    are
    > still operative.
    >

    > Recent hardware changes to my system: I've replaced a CD player with a NEC
    > DVD burner.
    >
    > I've tried to uninstall the USB Mass Storage Device from the Device
    manager,
    > but it doesn't help.
    >

    > Any suggestions?
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Jarle

Device Manager Devices Windows XP Motherboards