Pigmented bulk ink BCI3eBK vs. HP

Campatible to the BCI-3eBK pigmented is...

British ProPrint says: HP-29A (printer HP deskjet 600)

US WeInk writes: BCI-3eBK, HP #27, #56 (and all Lexmarks)

This would imply that most pigmented inks (for non piezo printers) are the
same!!!???

=======================

Another strange thing is that pigmented bulk inks in some shops are more
expencive (2x) compared to dye inks....

....and in other shops the vise versa... pigmented is cheaper!!! (around 30%)

Is it only a fluke by the market or are there any technical background?

Morgan O.

"Morgan Ohlson" <morgan.ohlson@comhem.se> skrev i meddelandet
> Campatible to the BCI-3eBK pigmented is...
>
> British ProPrint says: HP-29A (printer HP deskjet 600)
>
> US WeInk writes: BCI-3eBK, HP #27, #56 (and all Lexmarks)

A Swedish store states that their (universal pigmented ink) goes for all
HP's above HP600.

> This would imply that most pigmented inks (for non piezo printers) are the
> same!!!???
>
> =======================

Morgan O.

"Morgan Ohlson" <morgan.ohlson@comhem.se> wrote in message
> Campatible to the BCI-3eBK pigmented is...
>
> British ProPrint says: HP-29A (printer HP deskjet 600)
>
> US WeInk writes: BCI-3eBK, HP #27, #56 (and all Lexmarks)
>
> This would imply that most pigmented inks (for non piezo printers) are the
> same!!!???

Then the fact that there are companies that sell "universal ink" must imply
that *all* inks are the same? ...NOT!

- Bob Headrick

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> skrev i meddelandet

> "Morgan Ohlson" <morgan.ohlson@comhem.se> wrote in message
> > Campatible to the BCI-3eBK pigmented is...
> >
> > British ProPrint says: HP-29A (printer HP deskjet 600)
> >
> > US WeInk writes: BCI-3eBK, HP #27, #56 (and all Lexmarks)
> >
> > This would imply that most pigmented inks (for non piezo printers) are
the
> > same!!!???
>
> Then the fact that there are companies that sell "universal ink" must
imply
> that *all* inks are the same? ...NOT!

How many parameters of dyed ink can be matched to a sertain printer?
Viscosity? ...any more?

How many parameters of pigmented ink can be matched to a sertain printer?
Viscosity?
Pigment size?

How large could the range be?

How many "levels" of ink would be nessessary to cover the hole range of
heat-driven print heads?
2? 3? 4 or perhaps 200?
How large is the tolerance in an ink?
Can it motivate more then 3 or 4 mixtures to cover all?

The Canon BCI-6 cartridges (dye) are used in both printers with micro-drops
(2-3pL) and in older printers with drops many times bigger.

I say that some shops that say they have a different mixture for every
available cartridge is lying!
In practice there couldn't be any meaning in that so why should they?

Morgan O.

Each ink for a specific cartridge/printer has different properties than the
ink for any other cartridge/printer. On the other hand some inks could be
used in most than one cartridge. Black pigmented ink don't differ much, and
because of wider nozzles, it could be used in more cartridges (but not all)
and because it is manufactured in high quantities, some times is cheaper
(depends on many factors). Color pigment inks are definitely more expensive
than corresponding dyes.
Color pigmented inks could be used in Canon printers, but if you
accidentally run out of ink in any cartridge you would have much problems,
because of micro-nozzles.
The properties of ink couldn't be measured from an individual person. You
haven't any chance to qualify any ink either than using it.

--

Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (áöáéñÝóôå ôïí áñéèìü åííéÜ áðü ôï email)

--

"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> skrev i meddelandet
> Each ink for a specific cartridge/printer has different properties than
the
> ink for any other cartridge/printer. On the other hand some inks could be
> used in most than one cartridge. Black pigmented ink don't differ much,
and
> because of wider nozzles, it could be used in more cartridges (but not
all)
> and because it is manufactured in high quantities, some times is cheaper
> (depends on many factors). Color pigment inks are definitely more
expensive
> than corresponding dyes.

Does that go for black as well?

> Color pigmented inks could be used in Canon printers, but if you
> accidentally run out of ink in any cartridge you would have much problems,
> because of micro-nozzles.
> The properties of ink couldn't be measured from an individual person. You
> haven't any chance to qualify any ink either than using it.

You are probably right.

But, if a rather serious store at least have some (>3) pigmented black
formulas in stock it should be safe to go for their recommendation.

Morgan O.