Scientist Finds Way To Control DNA-based Computations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Some day a computer virus will be able to infect the user.[/citation]
Yeah, hi doc....my computer has a virus. Can you burn some Nyquil to a a CD? It can't seem to hibernate, otherwise.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"Sir, I was just trying to say, they hacked your firewall in 10 seconds. Okay. Even a supercomputer with a brute force attack would take 20 years to do that...The signal pattern is learning. It's evolving on its own. And you need to move past Fourier transfers and start considering quantum mechanics...What about an organism? A living organism? Maybe some kind of DNA based computer? And I know that that sounds crazy... " Maggie Madsen - Transformers Movie

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]supere989[/nom]I can't wait to take a pill and Play Wow in my brain in full HD without a monitor[/citation]
That is the future, and with full sensory immersion too. Just don't look at WoW or Diablo for that. Look instead at the pr0n industry.

zachusaman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]but can it play crisissomeone had to say it[/citation]
whos to say a game of crysis isnt going on right now in your body?

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
ultimate computer combo DNA geranium quantum based super computer. maybe a reality in my life time could be very interesting, if 'IT' don't go off in the wrong direction with it... matrix... terminator....

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
This just gave me a great idea for a movie. Imagine Neo entering the Matrix to help John Connor go to the past and destroy Skynet before the machines take over the Matrix in the present with the help of Agent Smith. It's a mashup of The Matrix, Terminator, Inception and Dude Where's my Car. What? It's still better than any Uwe Boll movie.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
That would be great. I wonder when the new human OS will be released as the current one seems to be a bit stupid. At this rate we can also store the entire Pirate Bay on our brain too. Will the Feds confiscate our brain if they find content and software on our brain that is pirated ;)

juxtaposer

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Random' suggests that nothing controls the DNA interactions, but that seems hardly to be the case. Instead, I'd think that DNA would have a 'mind' of its own, since it goes about the business of building tissues in a consistent and reproducible way. The question is how to perform operations (which would encompass the basic computations), how to encode information of our choice to ask a question, and how to understand the result.

Hmm. Maybe each of us is an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.