Any NF7-S Ver2 Modded BIOS Benches?

Just wondering what kind of framerate improvement people might see comparing
stock BIOS to some of the modded BIOS's....

Also, is it a really bad idea to try the modded BIOS without a BIOS saviour?
7 answers Last reply
More about ver2 modded bios benches

    I don't think you would see any improvement if your running at the same
    clock speed.
    The modded BIOS's 'may' let you run a higher FSB, which in turn could
    improve performance but this really depends on your hardware, not all
    systems will run sky high FSBs even with tweaked BIOS's.
    As long as the BIOS's have been well tested there should be no more risk in
    flashing than with an official BIOS.

    "Odie" <observer_11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just wondering what kind of framerate improvement people might see
    comparing
    > stock BIOS to some of the modded BIOS's....
    >
    > Also, is it a really bad idea to try the modded BIOS without a BIOS
    saviour?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 15:13:56 +0100, "BigBadger"
    <big_badger@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

    >I don't think you would see any improvement if your running at the same
    >clock speed.
    >The modded BIOS's 'may' let you run a higher FSB, which in turn could
    >improve performance but this really depends on your hardware, not all
    >systems will run sky high FSBs even with tweaked BIOS's.
    >As long as the BIOS's have been well tested there should be no more risk in
    >flashing than with an official BIOS.

    No bench but, over a period of three days I flashed about a dozen
    times including ' tictac ', ' EQuito ' and ' PR3ACH3R '.

    I even ran the NF7-S as a HARDM3NU below :
    http://www.pr3ach3r.overkillsystems.net/HM1.htm

    For all the different official and unofficial bins I used Abit
    Flashmenu133.exe from within WinXP with no problems whatsoever.

    BoroLad
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    > No bench but, over a period of three days I flashed about a dozen
    > times including ' tictac ', ' EQuito ' and ' PR3ACH3R '.

    Ok....but have you seen any benefit from these non-factory bioses?
    Specifically, can you reach a higher fsb than you could before?

    rms
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message

    > Ok....but have you seen any benefit from these non-factory bioses?
    > Specifically, can you reach a higher fsb than you could before?
    >
    > rms

    I gained about 13fsb using TicTac's version of d23 for my rev.2.0 with
    2x512Mb XMS3200 - 217fsb>230fsb & quite possibly the RAM is holding it back
    from going even further.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Prime95 Stable?

    "BUFF" <NOSPAM@HERE.COM> wrote in message

    > "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > Ok....but have you seen any benefit from these non-factory bioses?
    > > Specifically, can you reach a higher fsb than you could before?
    > >
    > > rms
    >

    > I gained about 13fsb using TicTac's version of d23 for my rev.2.0 with
    > 2x512Mb XMS3200 - 217fsb>230fsb & quite possibly the RAM is holding it
    back
    > from going even further.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    > > I gained about 13fsb using TicTac's version of d23 for my rev.2.0 with
    > > 2x512Mb XMS3200 - 217fsb>230fsb & quite possibly the RAM is holding it
    > back

    I'm already at 230fsb with the stock bios, and with PC3500 ram. This
    230fsb 'ceiling' is well-known with nf7-s, the question is whether one can
    get beyond it with a new bios.

    rms
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    > > > I gained about 13fsb using TicTac's version of d23 for my rev.2.0 with
    > > > 2x512Mb XMS3200 - 217fsb>230fsb & quite possibly the RAM is holding it
    > > back
    >
    > I'm already at 230fsb with the stock bios, and with PC3500 ram. This
    > 230fsb 'ceiling' is well-known with nf7-s, the question is whether one can
    > get beyond it with a new bios.
    >
    > rms

    I couldn't get beyond about 218 with the "official" BIOS but with TicTac's
    modded it would then do 229/230 (& yes, Prime stable).

BIOS Framerate Motherboards