Any NF7-S Ver2 Modded BIOS Benches?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2004 4:44:17 PM

Just wondering what kind of framerate improvement people might see comparing
stock BIOS to some of the modded BIOS's....

Also, is it a really bad idea to try the modded BIOS without a BIOS saviour?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2004 7:13:56 PM

I don't think you would see any improvement if your running at the same
clock speed.
The modded BIOS's 'may' let you run a higher FSB, which in turn could
improve performance but this really depends on your hardware, not all
systems will run sky high FSBs even with tweaked BIOS's.
As long as the BIOS's have been well tested there should be no more risk in
flashing than with an official BIOS.

"Odie" <observer_11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering what kind of framerate improvement people might see
comparing
> stock BIOS to some of the modded BIOS's....
>
> Also, is it a really bad idea to try the modded BIOS without a BIOS
saviour?

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2004 11:15:39 PM

On Sun, 23 May 2004 15:13:56 +0100, "BigBadger"
<big_badger@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>I don't think you would see any improvement if your running at the same
>clock speed.
>The modded BIOS's 'may' let you run a higher FSB, which in turn could
>improve performance but this really depends on your hardware, not all
>systems will run sky high FSBs even with tweaked BIOS's.
>As long as the BIOS's have been well tested there should be no more risk in
>flashing than with an official BIOS.

No bench but, over a period of three days I flashed about a dozen
times including ' tictac ', ' EQuito ' and ' PR3ACH3R '.

I even ran the NF7-S as a HARDM3NU below :
http://www.pr3ach3r.overkillsystems.net/HM1.htm

For all the different official and unofficial bins I used Abit
Flashmenu133.exe from within WinXP with no problems whatsoever.

BoroLad
Related resources
May 24, 2004 12:17:38 AM

> No bench but, over a period of three days I flashed about a dozen
> times including ' tictac ', ' EQuito ' and ' PR3ACH3R '.

Ok....but have you seen any benefit from these non-factory bioses?
Specifically, can you reach a higher fsb than you could before?

rms
May 24, 2004 5:51:44 AM

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message

> Ok....but have you seen any benefit from these non-factory bioses?
> Specifically, can you reach a higher fsb than you could before?
>
> rms

I gained about 13fsb using TicTac's version of d23 for my rev.2.0 with
2x512Mb XMS3200 - 217fsb>230fsb & quite possibly the RAM is holding it back
from going even further.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 24, 2004 10:49:17 AM

Prime95 Stable?

"BUFF" <NOSPAM@HERE.COM> wrote in message
news:o ycsc.211$lD5.81@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net...

> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
>
> > Ok....but have you seen any benefit from these non-factory bioses?
> > Specifically, can you reach a higher fsb than you could before?
> >
> > rms
>

> I gained about 13fsb using TicTac's version of d23 for my rev.2.0 with
> 2x512Mb XMS3200 - 217fsb>230fsb & quite possibly the RAM is holding it
back
> from going even further.

May 24, 2004 6:36:46 PM

> > I gained about 13fsb using TicTac's version of d23 for my rev.2.0 with
> > 2x512Mb XMS3200 - 217fsb>230fsb & quite possibly the RAM is holding it
> back

I'm already at 230fsb with the stock bios, and with PC3500 ram. This
230fsb 'ceiling' is well-known with nf7-s, the question is whether one can
get beyond it with a new bios.

rms
May 26, 2004 10:09:34 AM

> > > I gained about 13fsb using TicTac's version of d23 for my rev.2.0 with
> > > 2x512Mb XMS3200 - 217fsb>230fsb & quite possibly the RAM is holding it
> > back
>
> I'm already at 230fsb with the stock bios, and with PC3500 ram. This
> 230fsb 'ceiling' is well-known with nf7-s, the question is whether one can
> get beyond it with a new bios.
>
> rms

I couldn't get beyond about 218 with the "official" BIOS but with TicTac's
modded it would then do 229/230 (& yes, Prime stable).
!