Windows explorer problem

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I get an error message when trying to install my
networked HP printer on my windows XP home ed. computer
saying that setup failed and the computer can't be
installed while using their setup wizard. when i use
Windows XPs add printer funtion, it works for adding it
as a USB printer. however, it gives me an error message
that windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs
to close when i try to install it as a networked printer
using windows xp's printer controls (not the HP wizard
that came with it). i think that windows explorer may
have become corrupted on my computer. any advice about
how to repair or reinstall that part of windows?

Maximus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

try it in this order - u are starting with ur printer unplugged and turned
off. attach the usb cable to both endsnow. insert the installation cd(HP)
and then when the hp cd says that it is trying to establish the connection.
now turn on the printer. let this installation carry on and ignore any other
installation. this is what i did when i had similar problems. see if it
works for u.