Corrupted hard disk

Using XP, my 2 drive worked normally until recently, now
fails to show up in W Explorer (although Device Manager
says it is working properly). However Disk Management
shows it as unallocated and not now initialised and the
Events Log states Event ID 7, "Hard disk has a bad
block".

Is there anything I can do about this. Would be grateful
for any help!

"Geoff Long" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using XP, my 2 drive worked normally until recently, now
> fails to show up in W Explorer (although Device Manager
> says it is working properly). However Disk Management
> shows it as unallocated and not now initialised and the
> Events Log states Event ID 7, "Hard disk has a bad
> block".
>
> Is there anything I can do about this. Would be grateful
> for any help!

Download and run the diagnostic tool that your
disk manufacturer makes available on his home
site.

TRENDING THREADS