NF7-S RAID

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I just built a system on an NF7-S with 2 , SATA drives in RAID 1 . I am
looking for a (probably GUI) utility that will tell me the RAID status (and
alarm on failure) when the OS is running. I looked on the CD and on Abits'
web site but I don't see one. I powered down the system and pulled the
cables on one drive. It booted and the RAID BIOS reported "serious problem"
or similar wording. The OS loaded and there was no way to know that the RAID
was failed.

I have seen a similar utility on other systems. But where can I get it for
the above?

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"George" <George@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I just built a system on an NF7-S with 2 , SATA drives in RAID 1 . I am
> looking for a (probably GUI) utility that will tell me the RAID status
(and
> alarm on failure) when the OS is running. I looked on the CD and on Abits'
> web site but I don't see one. I powered down the system and pulled the
> cables on one drive. It booted and the RAID BIOS reported "serious
problem"
> or similar wording. The OS loaded and there was no way to know that the
RAID
> was failed.
>
> I have seen a similar utility on other systems. But where can I get it for
> the above?

Follow up on my previous post. I found the SATARaid software at Silicon
Image for the SIL3112. It requires a JAVA VM so I installed it and the
utility. The Java VM launcher produces "fatal exception occured, program
will exit" when it tries to load the SATARaid utility. I don't know if the
SATARaid software is compatabile with the NF7-S or if it is another issue.

zulu

George wrote:
> "George" <George@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I just built a system on an NF7-S with 2 , SATA drives in RAID 1 . I
>> am looking for a (probably GUI) utility that will tell me the RAID
>> status (and alarm on failure) when the OS is running. I looked on
>> the CD and on Abits' web site but I don't see one. I powered down
>> the system and pulled the cables on one drive. It booted and the
>> RAID BIOS reported "serious problem" or similar wording. The OS
>> loaded and there was no way to know that the RAID was failed.
>>
>> I have seen a similar utility on other systems. But where can I get
>> it for the above?
>>
> Follow up on my previous post. I found the SATARaid software at
> Silicon Image for the SIL3112. It requires a JAVA VM so I installed
> it and the utility. The Java VM launcher produces "fatal exception
> occured, program will exit" when it tries to load the SATARaid
> utility. I don't know if the SATARaid software is compatabile with
> the NF7-S or if it is another issue.

It runs fine on my NF7-S.

Zulu

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Zulu" <zulu@.N.O.S.P.A.M.toughguy.net> wrote in message

> It runs fine on my NF7-S.
>
> Zulu

After looking at the motherboard CD again I found a non JAVA version of
SATARAID that I previously missed. It seems to run OK.

Out of curiousity what JAVA VM are you using?

zulu

"George" <George@nospam.invalid> skrev i en meddelelse

> After looking at the motherboard CD again I found a non JAVA version of
> SATARAID that I previously missed. It seems to run OK.
>
> Out of curiousity what JAVA VM are you using?

Newest from SUN.

Zulu