Iomega DVD Super Drive - no RAM write & +RW is very slow

wally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001

Have installed a new Iomega DVD Super Drive (+R/RW, -R/RW, RAM, ROM & CD-R/-RW. The drive is supposed to read type 2 RAM disks using the Hotburn Pro software but doesn't. It will read them & even format them (via Explorer) but does not recognise the media as writable. On the same drive I get a write speed on a +RW disk of about 300 kb/sec (not Mb!) while trying to write a data disk, again using the HotBurn Pro software.

I have now tried starting from scratch with a fresh XP Pro installation & HotBurn Pro as the only 3rd part app. Still no improvement. I have a system with a PIII-933 processor, 512 Mb RAM, Intel 815EEA motherboard, 18 Gb SCSI boot disk, Pioneer DVD-115 ROM drive, Matrox AGP video, Belkin USB2 card & Canopus IEEE1394 card. I have run out of ideas on how to make the new drive work properly and am not sure whether it's a hardware or software issue.

bar

Not the answer you want to hear.

Many of my suppliers have reported usage problems with the IOMEGA devices.

Go back to the store and swap the IOMEGA for a Pioneer drive: a little more expensive yes, but they have a better reputation. Remember that 'you always get what you pay for': including free advice.

wally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001

Thanks for the "advice" it was worth very cent. I am sure I will take it seriously in the near future if I can work things rght.

Your problem has nothing to do with Windows XP. Feel free to ask Iomega for
assistance with the problems you have with their product.

steve