IS7-E BAD!!! Sound Quality HELP

I try to make a recording from a good microphone using cooledit and I get
very noisy audio. This does not happen when I try to make such recording
with Asus board that has SoundMax
This ABIT Board has very bad sound quality.

Even the audio out makes faint buzz thru the loudspeaker all the time even
when I don't play any sound.

Is there a solution to this problem? or maybe it is just a bad product?
2 answers Last reply
More about sound quality help

    In message <c8vobk$1ev$1@news2.netvision.net.il>, Yehuda Mittelman
    <liayehud@netvision.net.il> writes
    >I try to make a recording from a good microphone using cooledit and I get
    >very noisy audio. This does not happen when I try to make such recording
    >with Asus board that has SoundMax
    >This ABIT Board has very bad sound quality.
    >
    >Even the audio out makes faint buzz thru the loudspeaker all the time even
    >when I don't play any sound.
    >
    >Is there a solution to this problem? or maybe it is just a bad product?

    The IS7 does indeed have a very poor implementation of on board sound.
    It depends what your definition of 'bad' is, in a lot of cases its
    usable, but for any semi serious audio work you're looking at a separate
    soundcard.
    Preferably external.

    Make sure all your levels are optimised and are as loud as poss without
    distorting.

    followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
    followed by 'net'
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    this sound problem seems to vary from board to board as I know there have
    been postings about poor quality sound on the IS7's but I have an IS7-G and
    use the onboard sound and have no issues with it. gaming, music, no
    problems so it would appear to be worse on some boards than others.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    "Gareth Jones" <usenet@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In message <c8vobk$1ev$1@news2.netvision.net.il>, Yehuda Mittelman
    > <liayehud@netvision.net.il> writes
    > >I try to make a recording from a good microphone using cooledit and I get
    > >very noisy audio. This does not happen when I try to make such recording
    > >with Asus board that has SoundMax
    > >This ABIT Board has very bad sound quality.
    > >
    > >Even the audio out makes faint buzz thru the loudspeaker all the time
    even
    > >when I don't play any sound.
    > >
    > >Is there a solution to this problem? or maybe it is just a bad product?
    >
    > The IS7 does indeed have a very poor implementation of on board sound.
    > It depends what your definition of 'bad' is, in a lot of cases its
    > usable, but for any semi serious audio work you're looking at a separate
    > soundcard.
    > Preferably external.
    >
    > Make sure all your levels are optimised and are as loud as poss without
    > distorting.

    > Personal email for Gareth Jones can be sent to:
    > 'usenet4gareth' followed by an at symbol
    > followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
    > followed by 'net'

Microphone Audio Motherboards