IS7-E BAD!!! Sound Quality HELP

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2004 9:20:53 PM

I try to make a recording from a good microphone using cooledit and I get
very noisy audio. This does not happen when I try to make such recording
with Asus board that has SoundMax
This ABIT Board has very bad sound quality.

Even the audio out makes faint buzz thru the loudspeaker all the time even
when I don't play any sound.

Is there a solution to this problem? or maybe it is just a bad product?

More about : is7 bad sound quality

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2004 3:04:36 AM

In message <c8vobk$1ev$1@news2.netvision.net.il>, Yehuda Mittelman
<liayehud@netvision.net.il> writes
>I try to make a recording from a good microphone using cooledit and I get
>very noisy audio. This does not happen when I try to make such recording
>with Asus board that has SoundMax
>This ABIT Board has very bad sound quality.
>
>Even the audio out makes faint buzz thru the loudspeaker all the time even
>when I don't play any sound.
>
>Is there a solution to this problem? or maybe it is just a bad product?

The IS7 does indeed have a very poor implementation of on board sound.
It depends what your definition of 'bad' is, in a lot of cases its
usable, but for any semi serious audio work you're looking at a separate
soundcard.
Preferably external.

Make sure all your levels are optimised and are as loud as poss without
distorting.

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'
May 26, 2004 9:18:21 PM

this sound problem seems to vary from board to board as I know there have
been postings about poor quality sound on the IS7's but I have an IS7-G and
use the onboard sound and have no issues with it. gaming, music, no
problems so it would appear to be worse on some boards than others.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com