Please help me!!!!

Problem

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

Hello

I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off
and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
motherborad or processor or memory ?

Please write to me what should I do ?

Thank you for your help

Janusz Sula

Make sure you unplug the power cord from the wall when you clear the cmos.

"Problem" <problem@vp.pl> wrote in message news:c906ut$hf8$1@news.onet.pl...
> Hello
>
> I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
> 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
> I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
> FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
> computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
> once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer
> off
> and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
> start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
> Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
> card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
> shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
> motherborad or processor or memory ?
>
> Please write to me what should I do ?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Janusz Sula

Try holding down the insert key when you turn the computer on.

Problem

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

U¿ytkownik "Problem" <problem@vp.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> Hello
>
> I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
> 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
> I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
> FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
> computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
> once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer
off
> and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
> start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
> Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
> card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
> shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
> motherborad or processor or memory ?
>
> Please write to me what should I do ?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Janusz Sula

My computer works.I went to servisce and they repair it for 5 USD.

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

for $5, the problem could not have been serious.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Problem" <problem@vp.pl> wrote in message news:c99cpo$j2s$1@news.onet.pl...

> U¿ytkownik "Problem" <problem@vp.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> > Hello
> >
> > I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
> > 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
> > I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
> > FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system.
When
> > computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot
computer
> > once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer
> off
> > and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
> > start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
> > Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and
video
> > card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
> > shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
> > motherborad or processor or memory ?
> >
> > Please write to me what should I do ?
> >
> > Thank you for your help
> >
> > Janusz Sula
> >
> My computer works.I went to servisce and they repair it for 5 USD.

TRENDING THREADS