NF7s Northbridge fansink: replace it now or wait?

I've got two NF7's (the NF7s and the plain-jane NF7). Should I replace the
Northbridge fan & heatsink now or wait until the northbridge fan dies? Is it
really essential the Northbridge fan work?
Could the Northbridge fry without a fan? If I were to juryrig some sort
of 486 fansink could I use the NF7 northbridge fan connector? Or is the
northbridge fan connector really limited as to the amperage it can provide? I
only say this because the stock chipset fan looks really cheezy and light in
comparison to even an old 486 ball-bearing fan.

Yeah, what GargoyleBG said. Get a better one. I have the IC7-G and the
northbridge fan quit spinning. The board was six months old when I noticed
this. Nothing burned up and I have no idea how long it was like that, but I
suspect a very long time. It didn't hurt anything, but the Northbridge chip was
toasty. That's not good for it and it could fail and take out your cpu as well.
I bought an Northbridge HSF from excaliberpc.com that is constucted somewhat like
an orb and it's still working well after four months. It also has more surface
area so that if it did stop spinning, the chip would not get as hot. I think I
paid $10 with shipping.

Another option would be to install a passive heatsink. I didn't do that because
I have an SLK800U on the cpu and I wasn't sure what would fit.

~snoozy~