Hi all

I have just installed an AT7 MAX2 board and i am having problems getting it
to even boot,
upon power up it all springs into life, no beeps, fans spin up, led on
board is yellow....then powers down after a few seconds.
If i press the on/off button again ...nothing, if i turn off the power
supply switch and turn it on again then it goes through the
process again....powering off after a few seconds.
I bought the board second hand and have just installed it in a spare case
for testing prior to installing in my main machine

SPECS

ABIT AT7 MAX2 rev 1.1
300w power supply
30gb HD
1 stick of 400mhz 256 mb ddr
gf2 mx agp graphics card (32 mb i think)
Duron 1.3 cpu
cdrom

Thanks
switchblade

300w power supply isnt going to cut it....you need more juice....invest in a
500-550 watt one

"wayne" <switchblade0739@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have just installed an AT7 MAX2 board and i am having problems getting
it
> to even boot,
> upon power up it all springs into life, no beeps, fans spin up, led on
> board is yellow....then powers down after a few seconds.
> If i press the on/off button again ...nothing, if i turn off the power
> supply switch and turn it on again then it goes through the
> process again....powering off after a few seconds.
> I bought the board second hand and have just installed it in a spare case
> for testing prior to installing in my main machine
>
> SPECS
>
> ABIT AT7 MAX2 rev 1.1
> 300w power supply
> 30gb HD
> 1 stick of 400mhz 256 mb ddr
> gf2 mx agp graphics card (32 mb i think)
> Duron 1.3 cpu
> cdrom
>
> Thanks
> switchblade

I have now lost "2" Atmax 2 boards in the past 2/3 months... same kind off
problem, boots up fine then locks after the POST... I found about the only
thing I could do was to re-set the cmos and then it would at least let me
access the bios, however any alteration to the bios would result in the
board failing to even power up into a POST...

This has happened to me twice now on 2 separate versions of the same board,
personally I think there unreliable, or maybe I just work them too hard.

(Oh and I use a 650w PSU / all the rest of my components work fine on my
Nforce2 rig and the CPU / Northbridge & GPU are all water cooled to 34c)

I have always gone for ABIT boards (have had about 8 in the past 2 years) -
but as of recent there reliability has made me question buying anymore.

"Only Me." <there@back.com> wrote in message
> "wayne" <switchblade0739@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have just installed an AT7 MAX2 board and i am having problems getting
> it
> > to even boot,
> > upon power up it all springs into life, no beeps, fans spin up, led on
> > board is yellow....then powers down after a few seconds.
> > If i press the on/off button again ...nothing, if i turn off the power
> > supply switch and turn it on again then it goes through the
> > process again....powering off after a few seconds.
> > I bought the board second hand and have just installed it in a spare
case
> > for testing prior to installing in my main machine
> >
> > SPECS
> >
> > ABIT AT7 MAX2 rev 1.1
> > 300w power supply
> > 30gb HD
> > 1 stick of 400mhz 256 mb ddr
> > gf2 mx agp graphics card (32 mb i think)
> > Duron 1.3 cpu
> > cdrom
> >
> > Thanks
> > switchblade
> >

> I have now lost "2" Atmax 2 boards in the past 2/3 months... same kind
off
> problem, boots up fine then locks after the POST... I found about the
only
> thing I could do was to re-set the cmos and then it would at least let me
> access the bios, however any alteration to the bios would result in the
> board failing to even power up into a POST...
>
> This has happened to me twice now on 2 separate versions of the same
board,
> personally I think there unreliable, or maybe I just work them too hard.
>
> (Oh and I use a 650w PSU / all the rest of my components work fine on my
> Nforce2 rig and the CPU / Northbridge & GPU are all water cooled to 34c)
>
> I have always gone for ABIT boards (have had about 8 in the past 2
years) -
> but as of recent there reliability has made me question buying anymore.

I have a at7max 2 board I no longer use.

I found that the memory would produce results like you discribe.

I used the board for about 1 year and then switched to the nf7 stuff. The
highpoint controler on the max2 was slow in benchmarks, when compared to the
nf7 sata benchmarks.

my 2 cents

thanks for the feedback guys...at least i have a few pointers to go on