Stop Error (bad_pool_caller) when installing xp

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2004 8:41:09 PM

I have just upgraded my motherboard from a asrcok k7s8xe to your Abit KV7
motherboard.

I am running an AMD 3200XP barton processor (400mhz fsb) and 2 sticks of
512mb pc3200 memory. These were the components running in the asrock
motherboard.

I am also running an 80gb HDD attached to IDE1 and a dvd burner attached to
IDE2 and an ATI 9800PRO graphics card. All this is running via a 400w ATX
PSU.

I am trying to install microsoft windows xp. I keep getting a Stop Error
(blue screen) with a description of BAD_POOL_CALLER. I have tried another
hard drive and the message appears the same.

I can boot up from the XP disk. Get to the point I have created and
formatted a partition and after about 2% to 5% of the initial files are
copied the Stop Error appears.

I have tried a different hard drive with the same results.

Although the stop error always appears - sometimes I can boot up to the
partition page and leave the computer sitting there doing nothing for
several minutes and the same stop error appears!

I have ensured the CMOS is clear with all defaults loaded.

I have reinstalled everything to my asrock motherboard and reformatted the
hard drive etc with no problems.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2004 11:21:51 AM

Steve Morris wrote:

> I have just upgraded my motherboard from a asrcok k7s8xe to your Abit
> KV7 motherboard.
>
> I am running an AMD 3200XP barton processor (400mhz fsb) and 2 sticks
> of 512mb pc3200 memory. These were the components running in the
> asrock motherboard.
>
> I am also running an 80gb HDD attached to IDE1 and a dvd burner
> attached to IDE2 and an ATI 9800PRO graphics card. All this is
> running via a 400w ATX PSU.
>
> I am trying to install microsoft windows xp. I keep getting a Stop
> Error (blue screen) with a description of BAD_POOL_CALLER. I have
> tried another hard drive and the message appears the same.
>
> I can boot up from the XP disk. Get to the point I have created and
> formatted a partition and after about 2% to 5% of the initial files
> are copied the Stop Error appears.
>
> I have tried a different hard drive with the same results.
>
> Although the stop error always appears - sometimes I can boot up to
> the partition page and leave the computer sitting there doing nothing
> for several minutes and the same stop error appears!
>
> I have ensured the CMOS is clear with all defaults loaded.
>
> I have reinstalled everything to my asrock motherboard and
> reformatted the hard drive etc with no problems.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Many thanks

http://tinyurl.com/37uhq

regards

@ndrew
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2004 6:14:43 PM

Got it working in the end by increasing the CPU core and DDR voltages
slightly.

All running fine now for the last 12 hours.
!