PSU / Winbond readings

Hi,

In the last few days my PC has started beeping - power level alarm signal.
Winbond Hardware Doctor shows my 3.3V level as 3.14, 3.12 and sometimes 3.10
always changing.

What does this indicate ?
PSU failure ? or VGA card stress ?
I have no other indication of a fault.
What is the safest lower limit to set in Hardware Doc ?
Limits now set as LOW 3.10 , HIGH 3.79 (are these the defaults ?)

Motherboard: ABIT Bh7E (boring but relaible...)
CPU P4 2.66 Gig
Ram 1 Gig
Sound SBLive 1024
VGA PCI NVidea GeForce FX 5200 (MSI)
HD 120G Maxtor
DVD/CDwriter Phillips 3200
DVD Samsung (SD 616)
ZIP Internal IOMEGA 100
Modem Internal 56K PCI - Voice Modem SF-1156IV+ R9A
Netcard Realtek RT8139/810x Fast Ethernet
TV Hauppauge PCI WinTV card

Regards

Denis

what size psu do you have?

"Denis M" <dmahony@iol.ie> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In the last few days my PC has started beeping - power level alarm signal.
> Winbond Hardware Doctor shows my 3.3V level as 3.14, 3.12 and sometimes
3.10
> always changing.
>
> What does this indicate ?
> PSU failure ? or VGA card stress ?
> I have no other indication of a fault.
> What is the safest lower limit to set in Hardware Doc ?
> Limits now set as LOW 3.10 , HIGH 3.79 (are these the defaults ?)
>
> Motherboard: ABIT Bh7E (boring but relaible...)
> CPU P4 2.66 Gig
> Ram 1 Gig
> Sound SBLive 1024
> VGA PCI NVidea GeForce FX 5200 (MSI)
> HD 120G Maxtor
> DVD/CDwriter Phillips 3200
> DVD Samsung (SD 616)
> ZIP Internal IOMEGA 100
> Modem Internal 56K PCI - Voice Modem SF-1156IV+ R9A
> Netcard Realtek RT8139/810x Fast Ethernet
> TV Hauppauge PCI WinTV card
>
> Regards
>
> Denis

---

homie

It indicates that the voltage is too low....
What it does not tell you is:
If it is the3.3 volt rail at the ATX supply or:
One of several 3.3volt supplies on the motherboard.
One thing is certain, you should stop using the board until you get the problem fixed.

--
Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

http://motherboardrepair.com
gary@motherboardrepair.com

[...]

Thanks Guys,

I checked in the BIOS where the 3.3 is described as ATX 3.3 . I changeed the
PSU for a 300W unit (it was a 300W unit) and the problem has dissappeared.
3.3 is now showing 3.31 or 3.33 . Seems the PSU was duff. I've been doing a
lot of video editing lately and notice the CPU activity is very high all the
time while doing that , maybe that pulled the psu down ....

I suspect that 300W is too low ....

However I intend to get a 450W soon......

Regards

Denis