counter strike like games

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
what games are there that are similar to counter strike, in multiplayer and skill required? i think im done with this cocaine laced sh!t filled game so i need somthing else to occupy my time.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring valve security module!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Have you tried Americas Army? Personally I found that game to be phenominal. If you TK then you lose honor points and if you do it too much you won't have enough to be on certain servers. People REALLY work as a team in that game.

I haven't played it in about 8 months so I'm sure it's gotten better and better. They have punkbuster as well.

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>
Nov. 6, 1971: "I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven, eight, nine medals"

- John Kerry, a Presidential Candidate

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm just pissed off since I forgot my handle and password and worked so hard to get a high honor. Now I have to start over.

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Yup, US Army recruiting gimick, but it's great.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
If you want to play a game that makes you forget all about counter strike, click my signature link. New World Order is a graphically stunning game, that was plagued with too many bugs on original release and hefty system requirements at the time of release (no longer any problem now), which is why the press broke it.

The game is now one and a half years old, it is still graphically one of the best games around (which is a feat in itself), based on the DVA engine, it is very limited in interactivity (no opening or closing doors to mention something) but has particle physics for all kinds of effects (ammo, sparks (when bullets hit metal surfaces), fabulous rain effect in a particular map). Latest patch was released yesterday. The player community is very small. Disadvantage of that is: not always a populated server around, advantage: virtually no cheating and many players know each other (yes, it's that small). The demo is fully functional but is limited in the amount of maps that you can play. Another disadvantage is no mapping tool support.

If you want to buy a copy, it is going to be tough to find it, but if you're serious, let me know and I'm sure I can point you to somewhere to get it.

BigMac

<A HREF="http://www.p3int.com/product_center_NWO_The_Story.asp" target="_new">New World Order</A>

meBigGuy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
A few people I know went from Counterstrike to Days of Defeat, another Half Life Mod. I've never tried it, but they speak highly of it.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
day of defeat is a lot of fun.... but there is another HL mod that is quite popular but i cant think of the name..... its objective based..... is it called frontline force? i played it in its early stages and its alright, not as graphically accomplished as other HL mods like cs/DoD or NS... actually natural selection is a lot of fun.

what other online multiplayer games do i enjoy altho they arent like CS... i love aliens versus predator 2 online... thats so much fun and i also enjoy Call of Duty online as well (its a total spray and pray game but also requires skill).

cant think of any other shooters off the top of my head... oh yeah... best multiplayer online shooter that is fun and requires skill is good old plain half life death match, in my opinion the greatest ever.... used to play that day in and day out during college...

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"