DVD CD ROM only works when system docked

Why would my system only acknowledge the DVD CD ROM when the system is in the docking station, plugged into a T1 line, but does not reconize it at home without a docking station and a phone line? This is an external ROM using a Targus Cardbus Cable II. Please someone let me know what to do/try!!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about works system docked

    Because it's a notebook PC it often is the case that an external drive must
    be attached to a powered hub before it can be correctly recognized.

    It's a power issue.

    www.coribright.com

    "Connie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why would my system only acknowledge the DVD CD ROM when the system is in
    the docking station, plugged into a T1 line, but does not reconize it at
    home without a docking station and a phone line? This is an external ROM
    using a Targus Cardbus Cable II. Please someone let me know what to
    do/try!!!!

DVD CD-Rom Windows XP