FSB/DRAM Ratio 6/6 vs 5/5 vs 4/4

What is the difference between ratios like 6/6 and 4/4 in the bios?

(If there is no difference than why are they there?)
2 answers Last reply
More about dram ratio

    "Odie" <observer_11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What is the difference between ratios like 6/6 and 4/4 in the bios?
    >
    > (If there is no difference than why are they there?)

    Supposedly it refers to multiples of the PCI bus e.g. 200fsb is 6x 33.33 &
    best setting for 200fsb is 6/6
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    There is no difference...try them all you will find they all work the same
    (as long as the fraction has a value of 1). Some say it's to do with the pci
    speed but this cannot be true because 3/3 works faultlessly at
    200FSB....which if the pci theory was true would give a 66MHz pci clock.
    As for why they are there....I've really no idea...Maybe it's just to
    confuse us?

    "Odie" <observer_11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What is the difference between ratios like 6/6 and 4/4 in the bios?
    >
    > (If there is no difference than why are they there?)

DRAM BIOS Motherboards