Yoda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

hiya i have a small problem
When inserting a floppy created under win 98 or winme into my XP pro system,
i click on 'A Drive' in my comp and it says that there is no disc in the
drive
if i try formating it, it still says that there is no diisc in the drive
any suggestions please
the disc's are not write protected and the drive is fully visible in both
the bios and my computer
the pc spec is
Mobo Asus P4C800E-Deluxe
Processor: intel Prescott 2.8ghz
Ram Kingston 512mb
Sata Hard drives

+other bits

Yoda
message also posted to
Microsoft.public.windowsxp.General

maybe the floppy have sometrouble,you can re-insert the floppy cable and try
again

--
----------------
----------------
> hiya i have a small problem
> When inserting a floppy created under win 98 or winme into my XP pro
system,
> i click on 'A Drive' in my comp and it says that there is no disc in the
> drive
> if i try formating it, it still says that there is no diisc in the drive
> any suggestions please
> the disc's are not write protected and the drive is fully visible in both
> the bios and my computer
> the pc spec is
> Mobo Asus P4C800E-Deluxe
> Processor: intel Prescott 2.8ghz
> Ram Kingston 512mb
> Sata Hard drives
>
> +other bits
>
> Yoda
> message also posted to
> Microsoft.public.windowsxp.General

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is the problem on that diskette or all deskettes?

go into device manager
click on the "+" next to "Floppy disk drives"
right click on the "Floppy disk drive," click "uninstall"

restart the computer

Yoda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Is the problem on that diskette or all deskettes?

all discs on both computers

> go into device manager
> click on the "+" next to "Floppy disk drives"
> right click on the "Floppy disk drive," click "uninstall"
>
> restart the computer
done that and still the same problem, this one really has me stumped
i have emailed asus incase it is a known problem with their board

cheers
Yoda

Yoda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok first let me thank everyone for replying
the problem has now been sorted
and i am kicking myself as we speak
<Blushes>
i had put the cable in the wrong way round at the back of the Floppy drive
this was only found out after i upgraded my bios, reinstalled floppy lots of
swearing and abuse, then suddenly i remembered that the cable would fit
either way round when i installed it.DOH
I need spanking with big sticks
let the abuse begin.........

LOL
Yoda Out

we all kick ourselves at least once in awhile

--
"Display tolerance & kindness to those with less
knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS