6 answers Last reply
More about where scanjet 4400c

    HP maybe?

    They have downloadable software and drivers at www.hp.com

    But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.

    "Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp scanjet
    4400c however can not find installation program. Can anyone
    halp?

    Hi

    Your scanner is a discontinued line from HP. However, you can download the
    relevant drivers and installation files from:

    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/product.jhtml?lc=en&pagetype=hpscanjet428447&submit.y=7&submit.x=6&lang=en&cc=us

    --

    Will Denny

    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    "Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp scanjet 4400c however can
    >not find installation program. Can anyone halp?

    ---

    Hi Jim

    A more direct link is quicker than the home page - yes? Perhaps you missed
    my posting or are you 'adding'. More in this case is less.

    --

    Will Denny

    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > HP maybe?
    >
    > They have downloadable software and drivers at www.hp.com

    > But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    >

    > "Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > | I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp scanjet
    > 4400c however can not find installation program. Can anyone
    > halp?

    ---

    I did not see your post before I answered and the link on
    the HP homepage is for "driver and downloads" and it leads
    to a wizard that will find the data in just a few clicks.

    Her problem seemed to be that she had lost her HP install
    CD. I think if the has the skill to install a printer she
    should not have to depend on somebody else to enter all the
    data and do all her work.

    When I know the link, I do use the most complete, but if 12
    people asked about 12 different models of scanners, printers
    and computers all from HP should "we" do 12 searches for the
    exact link, often when they don't give an exact model
    number?

    Often a basic education is what these people need and a
    little exploration of the menus on their computer. Remember
    the story about the butterfly and the cocoon, too much help
    leads to dependence and is crippling.

    | Hi Jim
    |
    | A more direct link is quicker than the home page - yes?
    Perhaps you missed
    | my posting or are you 'adding'. More in this case is
    less.

    | --
    |
    | Will Denny
    |
    | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    in message
    | > HP maybe?
    | >
    | > They have downloadable software and drivers at
    www.hp.com

    | > --
    | > But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    | >

    | > "Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    | > message

    | > | I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp
    scanjet
    | > 4400c however can not find installation program. Can
    anyone
    | > halp?
    | >

    | ---
    09/04/2004

    24 minutes???? Even dial-up access shows that difference.

    --

    Will Denny

    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >I did not see your post before I answered and the link on
    > the HP homepage is for "driver and downloads" and it leads
    > to a wizard that will find the data in just a few clicks.
    >
    > Her problem seemed to be that she had lost her HP install
    > CD. I think if the has the skill to install a printer she
    > should not have to depend on somebody else to enter all the
    > data and do all her work.
    >
    > When I know the link, I do use the most complete, but if 12
    > people asked about 12 different models of scanners, printers
    > and computers all from HP should "we" do 12 searches for the
    > exact link, often when they don't give an exact model
    > number?
    >
    > Often a basic education is what these people need and a
    > little exploration of the menus on their computer. Remember
    > the story about the butterfly and the cocoon, too much help
    > leads to dependence and is crippling.

    > But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.

    > | Hi Jim
    > |
    > | A more direct link is quicker than the home page - yes?
    > Perhaps you missed
    > | my posting or are you 'adding'. More in this case is
    > less.
    > |
    > | --
    > |
    > | Will Denny
    > |
    > | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    > in message
    > | > HP maybe?
    > | >
    > | > They have downloadable software and drivers at
    > www.hp.com
    > | >

    > | > --
    > | > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    > | > But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    > | >

    > | > "Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > | > message

    > scanjet
    > | > 4400c however can not find installation program. Can
    > anyone
    > | > halp?
    > | >

    > | ---
    > 09/04/2004

    ---

    I said I did not see your answer, not that the header may
    not have been waiting to download the body of your message.
    BTW, I didn't know this was a contest or race to be first?

    | 24 minutes???? Even dial-up access shows that difference.
    |
    | --
    |
    | Will Denny
    |
    | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    in message
    | >I did not see your post before I answered and the link on
    | > the HP homepage is for "driver and downloads" and it
    leads
    | > to a wizard that will find the data in just a few
    clicks.

    | > Her problem seemed to be that she had lost her HP
    install
    | > CD. I think if the has the skill to install a printer
    she
    | > should not have to depend on somebody else to enter all
    the
    | > data and do all her work.
    | >
    | > When I know the link, I do use the most complete, but if
    12
    | > people asked about 12 different models of scanners,
    printers
    | > and computers all from HP should "we" do 12 searches for
    the
    | > exact link, often when they don't give an exact model
    | > number?
    | >
    | > Often a basic education is what these people need and a
    | > little exploration of the menus on their computer.
    Remember
    | > the story about the butterfly and the cocoon, too much
    help
    | > leads to dependence and is crippling.
    | >

    | > --
    | > But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    | >

    | > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    | > | Hi Jim
    | > |
    | > | A more direct link is quicker than the home page -
    yes?
    | > Perhaps you missed
    | > | my posting or are you 'adding'. More in this case is
    | > less.
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > |
    | > | Will Denny
    | > |
    | > | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    | > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
    wrote
    | > in message

    | > www.hp.com

    overcome.

    | > scanjet
    Can
    | > anyone

    | > |
    | > |
    (http://www.grisoft.com).
    | > 09/04/2004
    | > |
    | > |

    | ---
    09/04/2004

Hardware Hewlett Packard Microsoft Windows XP