Where is hp scanjet 4400c?

a b α HP
April 12, 2004 2:41:02 PM

I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp scanjet 4400c however can not find installation program. Can anyone halp?

More about : scanjet 4400c

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 12, 2004 5:24:53 PM

HP maybe?

They have downloadable software and drivers at www.hp.com

But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.

"Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp scanjet
4400c however can not find installation program. Can anyone
halp?
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 12, 2004 11:00:59 PM

Hi

Your scanner is a discontinued line from HP. However, you can download the
relevant drivers and installation files from:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/product.jhtml?lc=e...

--

Will Denny

MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
"Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp scanjet 4400c however can
>not find installation program. Can anyone halp?

---
a b α HP
April 12, 2004 11:36:38 PM

Hi Jim

A more direct link is quicker than the home page - yes? Perhaps you missed
my posting or are you 'adding'. More in this case is less.

--

Will Denny

MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> HP maybe?
>
> They have downloadable software and drivers at www.hp.com

> But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.
>

> "Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp scanjet
> 4400c however can not find installation program. Can anyone
> halp?

---
a b α HP
April 12, 2004 11:36:39 PM

I did not see your post before I answered and the link on
the HP homepage is for "driver and downloads" and it leads
to a wizard that will find the data in just a few clicks.

Her problem seemed to be that she had lost her HP install
CD. I think if the has the skill to install a printer she
should not have to depend on somebody else to enter all the
data and do all her work.

When I know the link, I do use the most complete, but if 12
people asked about 12 different models of scanners, printers
and computers all from HP should "we" do 12 searches for the
exact link, often when they don't give an exact model
number?

Often a basic education is what these people need and a
little exploration of the menus on their computer. Remember
the story about the butterfly and the cocoon, too much help
leads to dependence and is crippling.

| Hi Jim
|
| A more direct link is quicker than the home page - yes?
Perhaps you missed
| my posting or are you 'adding'. More in this case is
less.

| --
|
| Will Denny
|
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
in message
| > HP maybe?
| >
| > They have downloadable software and drivers at
www.hp.com

| > --
| > But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.
| >

| > "Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| > message

| > | I re-installed Window xp and I need to install hp
scanjet
| > 4400c however can not find installation program. Can
anyone
| > halp?
| >

| ---
09/04/2004

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 13, 2004 1:14:19 AM

24 minutes???? Even dial-up access shows that difference.

--

Will Denny

MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>I did not see your post before I answered and the link on
> the HP homepage is for "driver and downloads" and it leads
> to a wizard that will find the data in just a few clicks.
>
> Her problem seemed to be that she had lost her HP install
> CD. I think if the has the skill to install a printer she
> should not have to depend on somebody else to enter all the
> data and do all her work.
>
> When I know the link, I do use the most complete, but if 12
> people asked about 12 different models of scanners, printers
> and computers all from HP should "we" do 12 searches for the
> exact link, often when they don't give an exact model
> number?
>
> Often a basic education is what these people need and a
> little exploration of the menus on their computer. Remember
> the story about the butterfly and the cocoon, too much help
> leads to dependence and is crippling.

> But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.

> | Hi Jim
> |
> | A more direct link is quicker than the home page - yes?
> Perhaps you missed
> | my posting or are you 'adding'. More in this case is
> less.
> |
> | --
> |
> | Will Denny
> |
> | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > HP maybe?
> | >
> | > They have downloadable software and drivers at
> www.hp.com
> | >

> | > --
> | > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> | > But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> | >

> | > "Patti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> | > message

> scanjet
> | > 4400c however can not find installation program. Can
> anyone
> | > halp?
> | >

> | ---
> 09/04/2004

---
a b α HP
April 13, 2004 1:14:20 AM

I said I did not see your answer, not that the header may
not have been waiting to download the body of your message.
BTW, I didn't know this was a contest or race to be first?

| 24 minutes???? Even dial-up access shows that difference.
|
| --
|
| Will Denny
|
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
in message
| >I did not see your post before I answered and the link on
| > the HP homepage is for "driver and downloads" and it
leads
| > to a wizard that will find the data in just a few
clicks.

| > Her problem seemed to be that she had lost her HP
install
| > CD. I think if the has the skill to install a printer
she
| > should not have to depend on somebody else to enter all
the
| > data and do all her work.
| >
| > When I know the link, I do use the most complete, but if
12
| > people asked about 12 different models of scanners,
printers
| > and computers all from HP should "we" do 12 searches for
the
| > exact link, often when they don't give an exact model
| > number?
| >
| > Often a basic education is what these people need and a
| > little exploration of the menus on their computer.
Remember
| > the story about the butterfly and the cocoon, too much
help
| > leads to dependence and is crippling.
| >

| > --
| > But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.
| >

| > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > | Hi Jim
| > |
| > | A more direct link is quicker than the home page -
yes?
| > Perhaps you missed
| > | my posting or are you 'adding'. More in this case is
| > less.
| > |
| > | --
| > |