Unable to Create Internet Connection in Win XP Pro

I have been trying to configure an internet dial-up
connection in Xp for the past two weeks. It seems that my
system does not see the modem but yet under Phone and
Modems I can see the Modem define on COM port 3. I can
also query the modem .

When I attempted to create Internet connection the only
option available to me is create user DSL. I have
unistalled and reinstalled, same problem.

Does anyone have any advise on this issue?

Look at the connections tab in Internet Explorer
Tools/Internet Options, setup. Will the wizard work for you
or are you using the manual method in settings to setup the
account?