AN7 System Stops

My system spontaneously and instantly powers off and restarts. There
is no set pattern for this happening. I think I hear a click coming
from my computer each time this happens.
Here's my system specs:
OS:Windows 2000 (latest updates)
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2700+ (2.17 GHz)
RAM: 2x 512MB PC2700 Kingston HyperX
MOBO: ABIT AN7
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 9600 "Atlantis" 128 MB
HD: IDE Wester Digital 80 gig 8mb cache 7200 rpm
DVD/CD-RW: Toshiba SDR 1512

I have tried different graphics cards and WIN XP but the same thing
happens. Have an identical computer with a different graphics card
and only 512 mb RAM. Runs perfectly. However I have noticed that the
messed up system takes longer to identify IDE devices when booting up.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about system stops

    Have this happening once in a while when I push my system to the max. If I
    keep everything stock, never stops. Might be software to. Some of my
    software close automaticaly for no reasons also when my system is
    overclocked.
    hope this helps out.
    "Zatarra" <bjcole83@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My system spontaneously and instantly powers off and restarts. There
    > is no set pattern for this happening. I think I hear a click coming
    > from my computer each time this happens.
    > Here's my system specs:
    > OS:Windows 2000 (latest updates)
    > CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2700+ (2.17 GHz)
    > RAM: 2x 512MB PC2700 Kingston HyperX
    > MOBO: ABIT AN7
    > Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 9600 "Atlantis" 128 MB
    > HD: IDE Wester Digital 80 gig 8mb cache 7200 rpm
    > DVD/CD-RW: Toshiba SDR 1512
    >
    > I have tried different graphics cards and WIN XP but the same thing
    > happens. Have an identical computer with a different graphics card
    > and only 512 mb RAM. Runs perfectly. However I have noticed that the
    > messed up system takes longer to identify IDE devices when booting up.
    >
    > Any ideas?

Motherboards