AN7 System Stops

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2004 8:11:31 PM

My system spontaneously and instantly powers off and restarts. There
is no set pattern for this happening. I think I hear a click coming
from my computer each time this happens.
Here's my system specs:
OS:Windows 2000 (latest updates)
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2700+ (2.17 GHz)
RAM: 2x 512MB PC2700 Kingston HyperX
MOBO: ABIT AN7
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 9600 "Atlantis" 128 MB
HD: IDE Wester Digital 80 gig 8mb cache 7200 rpm
DVD/CD-RW: Toshiba SDR 1512

I have tried different graphics cards and WIN XP but the same thing
happens. Have an identical computer with a different graphics card
and only 512 mb RAM. Runs perfectly. However I have noticed that the
messed up system takes longer to identify IDE devices when booting up.

Any ideas?

More about : an7 system stops

May 30, 2004 1:29:05 AM

Have this happening once in a while when I push my system to the max. If I
keep everything stock, never stops. Might be software to. Some of my
software close automaticaly for no reasons also when my system is
overclocked.
hope this helps out.

!