STEAM....ing pile of shite!!!

So I'm like right into HL2, take a break, reboot PC, start HL2 again, auto
logs onto steam, and it automatically "updates".............after which
neither HL2 or CS Source will now start.
Tried rebooting, logging onto steam (over and over), and validating the
cache files all to no avail.
Went to the Steam Forum to see if anyone else was having this problem after
last update, but surprise,surprise they are "temporarily offline"......have
been for a couple of hours (and it was the same last week when I tried).

Aside from re-install, ...........any ideas?
Please hurry!!........I really need to get that old black guy outta that pod
prison thingy (matrix rip-off).

T.

Mr. T. wrote:

> So I'm like right into HL2, take a break, reboot PC, start HL2 again, auto
> logs onto steam, and it automatically "updates".............after which
> neither HL2 or CS Source will now start.

Yep, I have the same problem. Steam and Half-Life 2 are so many
gigabytes of wasted disk space to me now until they fix it.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
Defeat is a school in which truth always grows strong.

Bean

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2001

> Aside from re-install, ...........any ideas?
> Please hurry!!........I really need to get that old black guy outta that pod
> prison thingy (matrix rip-off).

noithign you can do till they fix it. It wont wok offline. Nothing
works. Im at about the same point as you I think.

--
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays,
everybody's crazy."

"Mr. T." wrote:

> So I'm like right into HL2, take a break, reboot PC, start HL2 again, auto
> logs onto steam, and it automatically "updates".............after which
> neither HL2 or CS Source will now start.
> Tried rebooting, logging onto steam (over and over), and validating the
> cache files all to no avail.
> Went to the Steam Forum to see if anyone else was having this problem after
> last update, but surprise,surprise they are "temporarily offline"......have
> been for a couple of hours (and it was the same last week when I tried).
>
> Aside from re-install, ...........any ideas?
> Please hurry!!........I really need to get that old black guy outta that pod
> prison thingy (matrix rip-off).
>
> T.

There is an update tonight, It took me about 1/2 to 1 hr to update all
the files, then i was playing HL2 deathmatch.
launch the games you want to play and let steam update it.

Gordon

trevor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am having the same Problem as yall, it is a problem with steam I
actually got the see the messege boards for about 5 minutes then
they took them off cause Probably about 300 People had already
posted about the problem, I have already UPDATED and everything But
it still wont work i think The new Update was a BIG waste of time
all it did was Make a new bug problem..... I guess we will have to
just wait it out, as for reinstalling dont do it i have been
searching the boards for about the past 2 hrs to figure out what is
going on, no one is haveing ne luck with uninstalls.....Hust be
patient i guess, even thou i am biting my nails, I am a night owl
and need to do something or i am going to go crazy!!!....Lol well i
dunno just wait....
Trevor Smith

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC1
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

"Mr. T." <Mr. T@a-team.co.uk> wrote in message

Download the fix it should be working now, for all.

Lief wrote:

> Download the fix it should be working now, for all.

Yep. I fired it up just a few minutes ago and it was back to working
properly.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
The believer is happy; the doubter is wise.

Ian

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 02:54:14 -0800, Erik Max Francis <max@alcyone.com> wrote:

>Lief wrote:
>
>> Download the fix it should be working now, for all.
>
>Yep. I fired it up just a few minutes ago and it was back to working
>properly.

A fix to fix a fix. The M$ way ;-)

Andrew

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:32:18 +1300, Ian <spam@licks.sack> wrote:

>A fix to fix a fix. The M$ way ;-)

But with a time difference measured in minutes rather than months :)

connectionwizard

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Hello I am Mike from connectionwizard, a web site developed for helping people free. I wanted to talk a little about counter-strike for you. First of all the game is getting old and most of the people who play do nothing but hack to get the best stats to get into a clan. I use to run a server called Jethro’s WC3 Hook/Laser server. It was a great thing at first but after a while the hacks come out. It got to the point where I had over 1000 people on the ban list and just gave up playing in public altogether. Your problem is on their end by the sounds of it and you will have to wait for them to fix it.
There is a setting in the options where you can choose not to get updates and news from them. I play offline all the time now with source and the bots it provides. If you want to play against hackers play them on expert mode. They will hit you with a head shot the second they see you in expert mode. It is great practice for the real world of CS. I found that 90% of players hack and it is easy to prove all you have to do is spectate with an ESP hack to see this. Most of them use paid for hacks and not the free ones because they update to beat vac. Free hacks do not update.
The truth is it does not matter how good you are. The only thing that matters is having fun. To be good all you have to do is not panic and think it through. Try to use your rifle like a single shot gun and never spray, you will be more accurate. I would love it when someone would spray at me; I took the time to aim for their head and shot one shot and killed them. They would always say *** like you cheat I shot 30 rounds into you and you should be dead. The only time spraying works is at very close range. Always carry flash bangs they do work on 10% of the player’s lmao. They are supposed to work on them all but like I said most hack.
Mike from http://www.connectionwizard.org/

SecksPanther

This is probably the most amazing post I have ever read on the forums.

1.) You have resurrected a post from almost 5 years ago, which was a stupid post to begin with-- +1
2.) You speak about Counterstrike in ways that make it obvious you suck at it.
3.) Your avatar is of some douche bag sitting next to a tree, which only proves you experience nerd-rage while playing Counterstrike, calling everyone else a cheater.

Well done. And seriously, you do get a +1 for your post.