How can my application receive PnP notifications from a n/..

Hi,

Please throw some light on which API/IOCTL should my application use so that
it can receive PnP (insertion and removal of USB n/w cards) notifications?

Thanks

Hi,

MSDN describes a service called 'Device Management' that will provide
notification of device arrival and removal via a windows message
WM_DEVICECHANGE. There is an API, RegisterDeviceNotification, that should
do the trick. Here is the URL to the documentation in MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/devio/base/registerdevicenotification.asp

Good luck,
Chris Gual [MSFT]

--
"Improving IEEE 802.11 wireless networks with Microsoft® Windows® XP Service
Pack 2", live webcast on Wednesday, December 1, 2004: 10:00 AM Pacific time