How can my application receive PnP notifications from a n/..

Hi,

Please throw some light on which API/IOCTL should my application use so that
it can receive PnP (insertion and removal of USB n/w cards) notifications?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about application receive notifications

    Hi,

    MSDN describes a service called 'Device Management' that will provide
    notification of device arrival and removal via a windows message
    WM_DEVICECHANGE. There is an API, RegisterDeviceNotification, that should
    do the trick. Here is the URL to the documentation in MSDN:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/devio/base/registerdevicenotification.asp

    Good luck,
    Chris Gual [MSFT]

    --
    "Improving IEEE 802.11 wireless networks with Microsoft® Windows® XP Service
    Pack 2", live webcast on Wednesday, December 1, 2004: 10:00 AM Pacific time

    "Networking Developer" <Networking Developer@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:F84A01F7-7A05-4562-8182-90D9D60E64CA@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please throw some light on which API/IOCTL should my application use so
    > that
    > it can receive PnP (insertion and removal of USB n/w cards) notifications?
    >
    > Thanks

Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking