BE7 MB Runs CPU @100mhz Not 133Mhz

Have installed a P4 2.GHz CPU onto a ABIT BE7 MB. On boot the bios set the
cpu @800mhz@8*100mhz. Reset to 18*133mhz = 2.4 GHz . At these settings the
PC will not boot. Changed the settings to 24*100mhz = 2.4 GHz and all is ok.
Does any one know why this will not boot at 133Mhz. Can increase the MHz in
increments of one. But the multiplier is set @ 24. The CPU will overclock to
2.7 GHz. This has been stable on my second PC for Months.

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

get a copy of the CPU identification utility from Intel to be sure of what
CPU you are dealing with. with a non-engineering sample of the Intel CPU's,
you can change the internal multiplier in the bios all day long and the CPU
does not honor those changes as the CPU is internally locked at the
multiplier that Intel set.

with that in mind, all you have to play with is the FSB. assuming you have
a true 533 FSB CPU (133 FSB external), then you should be able to set the
system using the Softmenu default setup for your 2.4 GHz cpu. keep in mind
also, that the BE7 does not "officially" support the 800 FSB CPU so if that
unit is a 2.4c HT cpu, then it would most likely be a 800 internal FSB (200
external FSB) CPU...

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified