Audio works on one account, but not the other

April 12, 2004 11:41:00 PM

The onboard audio (Realtek AC'97, with nvidia chipset) works on only one of
the two user

profiles on my computer (runing win xp pro). I tried
uninstalling/reinstalling the audio

drivers (I'm using updated manufactor drivers) logged onto the second
profile, then the

audio works on the second, but not the first. Any ideas on how I can get
the audio to work

in both profiles at the same time? I also would really like to not have to
revert to only

one profile (I like to keep my kids from changing system settings
intentional or not).

other info that might help a diagnosis (profile without sound working):
in the "sounds and Audio properties" window-volume tab, it shows "no Audio
device"
in the hardware tab the device appears, status claims it is working properly
the properties window of the sound device indicates that the device is
enabled

Thanks for any help.
bkunzler

Please also respond via email bkunzler@hotmail.NOSPAM.com

More about : audio works account

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 9:52:58 PM

wat i suggest you do is delete the user acount that does
not work then set up another one a see if that works if
not i am stuped. one other thing you can try is getting a
better sound card.
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 2:44:05 AM

I can get the audio to work on multiple administrator accounts, but not
limited accounts. As soon as I change account type to limited, the sound
stops working, and "no device" shows up in Sound and Audio properties.

Any ideas on what setting(s)/key(s) needs changing to grant privelages to
the audio for the limited account?