Abit KT7 + Athlon XP 1600 Boot up problem

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 20, 2005 4:43:21 PM

Hi
I've some problem with ,y Mobo ABit KT7. When I put Athlon XP 1600 it
runs at 10,5x100 = 1050 Mhz and it is ok, but after few days when I try
to power on the mobo beeps, : 3 long beep, and power down, but if I
press the rest button after few seconds everything is ok and bios boot
correct and system is loading. Are there any solutions for this problem
( rise vcore or something eles or set multiplier at 14x or 15x)?
I'm waiting for any ideas.
MoBo: ABIT KT7 (non A or Raid)
RAM 3x 128 MB
ATI Radeon9200 SE
HDD 20GB Seagate
CPU Athlon XP 1600 running at 10,5x100 work.temp =46 - 51 C
BIOS A9
Thanks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 20, 2005 6:29:30 PM

This behavior is usually indicative of a power supply problem. If the
psu is weak, or has become weak, it will take it longer to startup.
Hence the reset button cure.

If you are thrifty (many people are) just wait till the psu eventually
dies. It is possible, albeit rare, for the psu to kill the
motherboard when the psu goes out - so there is some risk in waiting
for it to die.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:43:21 +0200, pit <a@dres.pl> wrote:

>Hi
>I've some problem with ,y Mobo ABit KT7. When I put Athlon XP 1600 it
>runs at 10,5x100 = 1050 Mhz and it is ok, but after few days when I try
>to power on the mobo beeps, : 3 long beep, and power down, but if I
>press the rest button after few seconds everything is ok and bios boot
>correct and system is loading. Are there any solutions for this problem
>( rise vcore or something eles or set multiplier at 14x or 15x)?
>I'm waiting for any ideas.
>MoBo: ABIT KT7 (non A or Raid)
>RAM 3x 128 MB
>ATI Radeon9200 SE
>HDD 20GB Seagate
>CPU Athlon XP 1600 running at 10,5x100 work.temp =46 - 51 C
>BIOS A9
>Thanks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 21, 2005 11:43:21 AM

- HAL9000 napisał(a):
> This behavior is usually indicative of a power supply problem. If the
> psu is weak, or has become weak, it will take it longer to startup.
> Hence the reset button cure.
>
> If you are thrifty (many people are) just wait till the psu eventually
> dies. It is possible, albeit rare, for the psu to kill the
> motherboard when the psu goes out - so there is some risk in waiting
> for it to die.
>
> Forrest
>
> Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
> http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/
>

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:43:21 +0200, pit <a@dres.pl> wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>I've some problem with ,y Mobo ABit KT7. When I put Athlon XP 1600 it
>>runs at 10,5x100 = 1050 Mhz and it is ok, but after few days when I try
>>to power on the mobo beeps, : 3 long beep, and power down, but if I
>>press the rest button after few seconds everything is ok and bios boot
>>correct and system is loading. Are there any solutions for this problem
>>( rise vcore or something eles or set multiplier at 14x or 15x)?
>>I'm waiting for any ideas.
>>MoBo: ABIT KT7 (non A or Raid)
>>RAM 3x 128 MB
>>ATI Radeon9200 SE
>>HDD 20GB Seagate
>>CPU Athlon XP 1600 running at 10,5x100 work.temp =46 - 51 C
>>BIOS A9
>>Thanks

Thanks for this suggestion
I'll check this
Related resources
July 4, 2005 1:29:55 AM

pit wrote:
> Hi
> I've some problem with ,y Mobo ABit KT7. When I put Athlon XP 1600 it
> runs at 10,5x100 = 1050 Mhz and it is ok, but after few days when I try
> to power on the mobo beeps, : 3 long beep, and power down, but if I
> press the rest button after few seconds everything is ok and bios boot
> correct and system is loading. Are there any solutions for this problem
> ( rise vcore or something eles or set multiplier at 14x or 15x)?
> I'm waiting for any ideas.
> MoBo: ABIT KT7 (non A or Raid)
> RAM 3x 128 MB
> ATI Radeon9200 SE
> HDD 20GB Seagate
> CPU Athlon XP 1600 running at 10,5x100 work.temp =46 - 51 C
> BIOS A9
> Thanks

Kt-7 common problems -- are leaking capcitors.

please check if you have 'flat" top of the capacitors.

if it's round'y top ,, board soon will be dead ,, or worst.

ps /it was a problem on my old Kt7
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2005 12:45:29 AM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:43:21 +0200, pit <a@dres.pl> wrote:

>Hi
>I've some problem with ,y Mobo ABit KT7. When I put Athlon XP 1600 it
>runs at 10,5x100 = 1050 Mhz and it is ok, but after few days when I try
>to power on the mobo beeps, : 3 long beep, and power down, but if I
>press the rest button after few seconds everything is ok and bios boot
>correct and system is loading. Are there any solutions for this problem
>( rise vcore or something eles or set multiplier at 14x or 15x)?
>I'm waiting for any ideas.
>MoBo: ABIT KT7 (non A or Raid)
>RAM 3x 128 MB
>ATI Radeon9200 SE
>HDD 20GB Seagate
>CPU Athlon XP 1600 running at 10,5x100 work.temp =46 - 51 C
>BIOS A9
>Thanks

firstly the 1600 should be running at 133x10.5 not 100x10.5.

The problem maybe due to a hardware incompatibility, the KT7a revision
1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 certainly had a problem where the hardware timings on
the board would freeze up due to changes in the design between the
Athlon and Athlon XP CPU, however this only affected cold boot so if
it locks up on a cold boot just press the reset button and it would
boot fine and work perfectly.

This is the KT7a board, I don't know if the KT7 was the same.

-
ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere! Thekeytoanysecurity
systemishowit'sdesigned! Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesigned!
Ihavetoknowwhatwhoeverdesigneditwastryingtoprotect!
(Blakes 7, City on the Edge of the World - Vila in typical panic mode)

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2005 12:45:30 AM

Luke Curtis wrote:

| firstly the 1600 should be running at 133x10.5 not 100x10.5.
|

| The problem maybe due to a hardware incompatibility, the KT7a revision
| 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 certainly had a problem where the hardware timings on
| the board would freeze up due to changes in the design between the
| Athlon and Athlon XP CPU, however this only affected cold boot so if
| it locks up on a cold boot just press the reset button and it would
| boot fine and work perfectly.
|
| This is the KT7a board, I don't know if the KT7 was the same.

Hi Luke -

The FSB of the KT7 is 100 MHz, unlike the 133 MHz KT7A.

Jef
!