Help with bluetooth network.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
November 23, 2004 2:39:38 PM

Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the internet
conection between thems.
Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

More about : bluetooth network

November 23, 2004 10:26:22 PM

Bluetooth as is, is not Ethernet and thus can not be Network.

There are converters for such a case but they are expensive.

This page describes few options for direct connect.

Direct Connect - http://www.ezlan.net/direct.html

Choose an option and configure the system and use Widows ICS.

Configure ICS - http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/

If you have Broadband connection you might be better of with a Cable/DSL
Router solution.

Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing. -
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Pablo Fernandez" <pafernan@ucu.edu.uy> wrote in message
> Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the
internet
> conection between thems.
> Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
> Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

a b F Wireless
December 14, 2004 8:41:01 PM

Jack you talk rubbish, pablo don't listen to him... i run two belkin dongles,
networked and sharing printers, internet etc...with no probs....only using
sp2...takes a bit of setting up but not that complicated and is fast enough
for a 1mb broadband......

"Jack" wrote:

> Bluetooth as is, is not Ethernet and thus can not be Network.
>
> There are converters for such a case but they are expensive.
>
> This page describes few options for direct connect.
>
> Direct Connect - http://www.ezlan.net/direct.html
>
> Choose an option and configure the system and use Widows ICS.
>
> Configure ICS - http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
>
> If you have Broadband connection you might be better of with a Cable/DSL
> Router solution.
>
> Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing. -
> http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Pablo Fernandez" <pafernan@ucu.edu.uy> wrote in message
> > Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the
> internet
> > conection between thems.
> > Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
> > Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 13, 2005 2:05:02 PM

I would like to do the same, but having trouble getting window xp sp2 to
work, any tips.

Cheers
James

"Pablo Fernandez" wrote:

> Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the internet
> conection between thems.
> Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
> Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 25, 2005 2:09:51 AM

The Windows XP Bluetooth stack currently only supports having 1 Bluetooth
radio active at a time.

Sandy Spinrad
Developer, Windows Core Bluetooth
------------------------------------

"Bluetooth Jackel" <Bluetooth Jackel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3E4B6601-7016-4D5C-8A54-88E8112518F2@microsoft.com...
>I would like to do the same, but having trouble getting window xp sp2 to
> work, any tips.
>
> Cheers
> James
>
> "Pablo Fernandez" wrote:
>
>> Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the
>> internet
>> conection between thems.
>> Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
>> Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

March 6, 2005 10:59:01 PM

i have 2 belkin dongles but my computer can see my laptop but my laptop wont
let me look at my desktop. any ideas?

!