What is this invisable HD i found?

I have found something very odd, but i dont know how it
could happen physicaly and scientificaly, with my PC. My
computer thinks there is a 66.6 GB hardrive in it when
theres not. I have tried tests to see if i can use the
space and i can. I find that when i move a file from
another HD that the HD i moved it from gets move disk
space (so its acting like a HD). As a matter-a-fact i
have done so many tests the only thing that makes me not
believe there is a hard drive is because there ISN'T ONE!
The 66.6 is acting like a slave but i dont trust it
enough to put anything on it. Its not RAM, casue i reset
the computer and pulled out the power plug (becasue of
ATX) and i found that a file i had put there was still
there (I have tried files from 1kb - 1GB). Very odd and,
in my opinion, fasinating!
Any idea on how an invisable HD works? BECAUSE THERE ISNT
A HD THERE TO GIVE 66.6 GB OF SPACE! I DONT EVEN HAVE
THAT ENOUGH FREE SPACE ON MY TWO "VISABLE" HD's TO MAKE
UP 66.6 GB...
Any infomation you might be able to give would be good
too.

"Mendas" <zaross@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have found something very odd, but i dont know how it
> could happen physicaly and scientificaly, with my PC. My
> computer thinks there is a 66.6 GB hardrive in it when
> theres not. I have tried tests to see if i can use the
> space and i can. I find that when i move a file from
> another HD that the HD i moved it from gets move disk
> space (so its acting like a HD). As a matter-a-fact i
> have done so many tests the only thing that makes me not
> believe there is a hard drive is because there ISN'T ONE!
> The 66.6 is acting like a slave but i dont trust it
> enough to put anything on it. Its not RAM, casue i reset
> the computer and pulled out the power plug (becasue of
> ATX) and i found that a file i had put there was still
> there (I have tried files from 1kb - 1GB). Very odd and,
> in my opinion, fasinating!
> Any idea on how an invisable HD works? BECAUSE THERE ISNT
> A HD THERE TO GIVE 66.6 GB OF SPACE! I DONT EVEN HAVE
> THAT ENOUGH FREE SPACE ON MY TWO "VISABLE" HD's TO MAKE
> UP 66.6 GB...
> Any infomation you might be able to give would be good
> too.

What's the model number and brand of your drives?
What did you do before this drive magically appeared?
Like update BIOS or upgrade to XP.
Did you have to format and partition it before use?

try using Partition Magic to see if it it some "hidden" partition that came with your computer -- this comes usually with pre-installed computers.

With Partition Magic you can either delete, format or merge your "hard disk" to your exixting disk.

If it is a hidden restore program and you alter the
partition your OS will not be able to be restored without
buying a XP CD.

Be sure what you do is correct, I suggest you contact mfg'r
for advice.

But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.

"Junjun" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message