Linksys Probelm

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
November 23, 2004 4:35:06 PM

Hello

I have just purchase an linksys wg54 wireless adsl router with broad band
connection, I have one pc running windows 98 so I bought a dlink pci adapter
which I installed the problem is the internet is great the card strength is
about 85% then it just lose the connection to the linksys router the only
way to get it back is to reboot the linksys then reboot the pc which is a
pain the pc is about 20 metres away from the linksys router

any ideas

Cheers

More about : linksys probelm

November 23, 2004 10:16:45 PM

Try it first while the Router and the computer are close by.

20 meters with obstructions and PCI antenna between the case and the wall
might be a little too much for the Wireless.

If it works ok while the two components are close by you would need a
directional external Antenna on you PCI card.

May be this can Help.

Extending Wireless Distance: http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html