'd' drive problem on windows xp

I refer to the above.

I appear to have a problem relating to the D drive.

Over the weekend i tried loading 2 discs . one for a new
digital camera and one for a new printer.

When the disc is inserted apart from a light flashing on
the hard drive nothing else happens.

If i then click on the drive via my computer on the
desktop the following message is received....

D:/ IS NOT ACCESSIBLE

The request could not be performed because of an I/O
device error.

Check cables at the rear of the drive....sounds like something may have
become loose.
www.coribright.com