AV8 Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 29, 2005 12:17:20 AM

Any one had similar issues or offer advice? Have Abit AV8 installed - one
ide 80 gb hdd ati radeon 9800 pro, 2 times 512mb sticks pc3200 athlon 64 bit
cpu (3200) dvdrw drive 480 watt psu usb mouse and standard generic keyboard.
Post code now shows as 9.0. on leds on board - and all fans spin up and
single beep after powering up. 9.0. then changes to F.0. after pressing
reset button - still no boot into bios at all.
Have tried just one stick of ram/cpu/video card (and alternate nvidia card)
and no drives to see if will boot into bios, still no activity at all - OS
is windows xp pro but it doesnt get that far for it to be a factor .
Psu powers up other pc no probs, am at a loss as to what to try next - have
tried holding insert down as i power up still no bios screen - am thinking a
dead mobo??
Tia for any ideas

More about : av8 problem

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 29, 2005 5:34:51 AM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:17:20 +0000, Dave wrote:

> Any one had similar issues or offer advice? Have Abit AV8 installed - one
> ide 80 gb hdd ati radeon 9800 pro, 2 times 512mb sticks pc3200 athlon 64 bit
> cpu (3200) dvdrw drive 480 watt psu usb mouse and standard generic keyboard.
> Post code now shows as 9.0. on leds on board - and all fans spin up and
> single beep after powering up. 9.0. then changes to F.0. after pressing
> reset button - still no boot into bios at all.
> Have tried just one stick of ram/cpu/video card (and alternate nvidia card)
> and no drives to see if will boot into bios, still no activity at all - OS
> is windows xp pro but it doesnt get that far for it to be a factor .
> Psu powers up other pc no probs, am at a loss as to what to try next - have
> tried holding insert down as i power up still no bios screen - am thinking a
> dead mobo??
> Tia for any ideas

Bios does not support the newer core of your cpu? Upgrade bios.

a b V Motherboard
June 29, 2005 9:30:55 PM

This is a well known problem with the AV8 back in last fall. Hard to believe
that there are still some boards around with the old bios in them.

The easiest solution, one that I did, was to buy a new bios chip with a
newer bios version. You may be able to get one from Abit, see their website.

--
Russ

Visit Alaska @ http://www.tannersacre.com

"Dave" <dave@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 9sb8g$jvh$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Any one had similar issues or offer advice? Have Abit AV8 installed - one
> ide 80 gb hdd ati radeon 9800 pro, 2 times 512mb sticks pc3200 athlon 64
bit
> cpu (3200) dvdrw drive 480 watt psu usb mouse and standard generic
keyboard.
> Post code now shows as 9.0. on leds on board - and all fans spin up and
> single beep after powering up. 9.0. then changes to F.0. after pressing
> reset button - still no boot into bios at all.
> Have tried just one stick of ram/cpu/video card (and alternate nvidia
card)
> and no drives to see if will boot into bios, still no activity at all - OS
> is windows xp pro but it doesnt get that far for it to be a factor .
> Psu powers up other pc no probs, am at a loss as to what to try next -
have
> tried holding insert down as i power up still no bios screen - am thinking
> dead mobo??
> Tia for any ideas

a b V Motherboard
July 3, 2005 7:06:24 AM

Still problems with AV8 have had to send Mobo back to abit, as it will
not support Athlon 3500+ with venice core with Bios less than 20 so
they are upgrading it for me, the bios is available from ABIT UK
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 7, 2005 2:12:34 PM

Well I have had my AV8 board returned with upgraded bios, and it has
been tested as OK but it still will not postanyone have any comments ?.
System is :- AV8 3rd Eye Board, Athlon 64 3500+ with venice core,
X800XL graphics board, and 1Gb of Corsair CT/TX1024/4400 C2.5 memory
Tagan 480w PSU, and a Seagate barracuda 2007 Sata HDD

Bernard
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2005 6:15:14 PM

unplug everything and use a serial keyboard and see what happens. Make sure
your ram is seated correctly.

--

<bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Well I have had my AV8 board returned with upgraded bios, and it has
> been tested as OK but it still will not postanyone have any comments ?.
> System is :- AV8 3rd Eye Board, Athlon 64 3500+ with venice core,
> X800XL graphics board, and 1Gb of Corsair CT/TX1024/4400 C2.5 memory
> Tagan 480w PSU, and a Seagate barracuda 2007 Sata HDD
>
> Bernard

July 10, 2005 5:13:23 PM

Russ wrote:
> unplug everything and use a serial keyboard and see what happens. Make sure
> your ram is seated correctly.
>
> --
> Russ
>
> Visit Alaska @ http://www.tannersacre.com
>
> <bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Well I have had my AV8 board returned with upgraded bios, and it has
> > been tested as OK but it still will not postanyone have any comments ?.
> > System is :- AV8 3rd Eye Board, Athlon 64 3500+ with venice core,
> > X800XL graphics board, and 1Gb of Corsair CT/TX1024/4400 C2.5 memory
> > Tagan 480w PSU, and a Seagate barracuda 2007 Sata HDD
> >
> > Bernard

July 10, 2005 5:21:20 PM

Hi Russ
Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I have stripped things to
the bare essentials, ie PSU, motherboard,Video card and memory, the psu
and videocard are OK, so that leaves Mobo,Proc. and memory, for which,
at this moment I do not have substitutes, so I will get some, however
the memory is faster than Abit reccommend, so first I will try some
slower stuff, regretably I do not have a serial keyboard

Bernard
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2005 11:03:35 AM

buy one for 10 bucks....

--

"Exiled" <bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi Russ
> Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I have stripped things to
> the bare essentials, ie PSU, motherboard,Video card and memory, the psu
> and videocard are OK, so that leaves Mobo,Proc. and memory, for which,
> at this moment I do not have substitutes, so I will get some, however
> the memory is faster than Abit reccommend, so first I will try some
> slower stuff, regretably I do not have a serial keyboard
>
> Bernard

July 12, 2005 5:25:08 PM

Hi Russ we use Pounds over here Hi,whats the difference between a
serial keyboard and a PS2 ? apart from the obvious of course hi

Bernard

Russ wrote:
> buy one for 10 bucks....
>
> --
> Russ
>
> Visit Alaska @ http://www.tannersacre.com
>
> "Exiled" <bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Russ
> > Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I have stripped things to
> > the bare essentials, ie PSU, motherboard,Video card and memory, the psu
> > and videocard are OK, so that leaves Mobo,Proc. and memory, for which,
> > at this moment I do not have substitutes, so I will get some, however
> > the memory is faster than Abit reccommend, so first I will try some
> > slower stuff, regretably I do not have a serial keyboard
> >
> > Bernard

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 14, 2005 1:40:17 AM

well what ever, their still cheap ps2 is fine too.

--

!