AV8 Problem

Any one had similar issues or offer advice? Have Abit AV8 installed - one
ide 80 gb hdd ati radeon 9800 pro, 2 times 512mb sticks pc3200 athlon 64 bit
cpu (3200) dvdrw drive 480 watt psu usb mouse and standard generic keyboard.
Post code now shows as 9.0. on leds on board - and all fans spin up and
single beep after powering up. 9.0. then changes to F.0. after pressing
reset button - still no boot into bios at all.
Have tried just one stick of ram/cpu/video card (and alternate nvidia card)
and no drives to see if will boot into bios, still no activity at all - OS
is windows xp pro but it doesnt get that far for it to be a factor .
Psu powers up other pc no probs, am at a loss as to what to try next - have
tried holding insert down as i power up still no bios screen - am thinking a
dead mobo??
Tia for any ideas
10 answers Last reply
More about problem

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:17:20 +0000, Dave wrote:

    > Any one had similar issues or offer advice? Have Abit AV8 installed - one
    > ide 80 gb hdd ati radeon 9800 pro, 2 times 512mb sticks pc3200 athlon 64 bit
    > cpu (3200) dvdrw drive 480 watt psu usb mouse and standard generic keyboard.
    > Post code now shows as 9.0. on leds on board - and all fans spin up and
    > single beep after powering up. 9.0. then changes to F.0. after pressing
    > reset button - still no boot into bios at all.
    > Have tried just one stick of ram/cpu/video card (and alternate nvidia card)
    > and no drives to see if will boot into bios, still no activity at all - OS
    > is windows xp pro but it doesnt get that far for it to be a factor .
    > Psu powers up other pc no probs, am at a loss as to what to try next - have
    > tried holding insert down as i power up still no bios screen - am thinking a
    > dead mobo??
    > Tia for any ideas

    Bios does not support the newer core of your cpu? Upgrade bios.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    This is a well known problem with the AV8 back in last fall. Hard to believe
    that there are still some boards around with the old bios in them.

    The easiest solution, one that I did, was to buy a new bios chip with a
    newer bios version. You may be able to get one from Abit, see their website.

    --
    Russ

    Visit Alaska @ http://www.tannersacre.com

    "Dave" <dave@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Any one had similar issues or offer advice? Have Abit AV8 installed - one
    > ide 80 gb hdd ati radeon 9800 pro, 2 times 512mb sticks pc3200 athlon 64
    bit
    > cpu (3200) dvdrw drive 480 watt psu usb mouse and standard generic
    keyboard.
    > Post code now shows as 9.0. on leds on board - and all fans spin up and
    > single beep after powering up. 9.0. then changes to F.0. after pressing
    > reset button - still no boot into bios at all.
    > Have tried just one stick of ram/cpu/video card (and alternate nvidia
    card)
    > and no drives to see if will boot into bios, still no activity at all - OS
    > is windows xp pro but it doesnt get that far for it to be a factor .
    > Psu powers up other pc no probs, am at a loss as to what to try next -
    have
    > tried holding insert down as i power up still no bios screen - am thinking
    > dead mobo??
    > Tia for any ideas

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Still problems with AV8 have had to send Mobo back to abit, as it will
    not support Athlon 3500+ with venice core with Bios less than 20 so
    they are upgrading it for me, the bios is available from ABIT UK
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Well I have had my AV8 board returned with upgraded bios, and it has
    been tested as OK but it still will not postanyone have any comments ?.
    System is :- AV8 3rd Eye Board, Athlon 64 3500+ with venice core,
    X800XL graphics board, and 1Gb of Corsair CT/TX1024/4400 C2.5 memory
    Tagan 480w PSU, and a Seagate barracuda 2007 Sata HDD

    Bernard
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    unplug everything and use a serial keyboard and see what happens. Make sure
    your ram is seated correctly.

    --

    <bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Well I have had my AV8 board returned with upgraded bios, and it has
    > been tested as OK but it still will not postanyone have any comments ?.
    > System is :- AV8 3rd Eye Board, Athlon 64 3500+ with venice core,
    > X800XL graphics board, and 1Gb of Corsair CT/TX1024/4400 C2.5 memory
    > Tagan 480w PSU, and a Seagate barracuda 2007 Sata HDD
    >
    > Bernard

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Russ wrote:
    > unplug everything and use a serial keyboard and see what happens. Make sure
    > your ram is seated correctly.
    >
    > --
    > Russ
    >
    > Visit Alaska @ http://www.tannersacre.com
    >
    > <bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Well I have had my AV8 board returned with upgraded bios, and it has
    > > been tested as OK but it still will not postanyone have any comments ?.
    > > System is :- AV8 3rd Eye Board, Athlon 64 3500+ with venice core,
    > > X800XL graphics board, and 1Gb of Corsair CT/TX1024/4400 C2.5 memory
    > > Tagan 480w PSU, and a Seagate barracuda 2007 Sata HDD
    > >
    > > Bernard

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Hi Russ
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I have stripped things to
    the bare essentials, ie PSU, motherboard,Video card and memory, the psu
    and videocard are OK, so that leaves Mobo,Proc. and memory, for which,
    at this moment I do not have substitutes, so I will get some, however
    the memory is faster than Abit reccommend, so first I will try some
    slower stuff, regretably I do not have a serial keyboard

    Bernard
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    buy one for 10 bucks....

    --

    "Exiled" <bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Russ
    > Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I have stripped things to
    > the bare essentials, ie PSU, motherboard,Video card and memory, the psu
    > and videocard are OK, so that leaves Mobo,Proc. and memory, for which,
    > at this moment I do not have substitutes, so I will get some, however
    > the memory is faster than Abit reccommend, so first I will try some
    > slower stuff, regretably I do not have a serial keyboard
    >
    > Bernard

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Hi Russ we use Pounds over here Hi,whats the difference between a
    serial keyboard and a PS2 ? apart from the obvious of course hi

    Bernard

    Russ wrote:
    > buy one for 10 bucks....
    >
    > --
    > Russ
    >
    > Visit Alaska @ http://www.tannersacre.com
    >
    > "Exiled" <bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Russ
    > > Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I have stripped things to
    > > the bare essentials, ie PSU, motherboard,Video card and memory, the psu
    > > and videocard are OK, so that leaves Mobo,Proc. and memory, for which,
    > > at this moment I do not have substitutes, so I will get some, however
    > > the memory is faster than Abit reccommend, so first I will try some
    > > slower stuff, regretably I do not have a serial keyboard
    > >
    > > Bernard

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    well what ever, their still cheap ps2 is fine too.

    --

    > Hi Russ we use Pounds over here Hi,whats the difference between a
    > serial keyboard and a PS2 ? apart from the obvious of course hi
    >
    > Bernard
    >

    > Russ wrote:
    > > buy one for 10 bucks....
    > >
    > > --
    > > Russ
    > >
    > > Visit Alaska @ http://www.tannersacre.com
    > >
    > > "Exiled" <bjjayne@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi Russ
    > > > Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I have stripped things to
    > > > the bare essentials, ie PSU, motherboard,Video card and memory, the
    psu
    > > > and videocard are OK, so that leaves Mobo,Proc. and memory, for which,
    > > > at this moment I do not have substitutes, so I will get some, however
    > > > the memory is faster than Abit reccommend, so first I will try some
    > > > slower stuff, regretably I do not have a serial keyboard
    > > >
    > > > Bernard

Motherboards