ABIT IS-10 and 3.3V PCI type

I have a ATI PCI tuner card by Sapphire, which requires 3.3V PCI.

When I insert this card on the PCI slot of the mobo, it does not
reboot successfully. On the ATI web site, they say the tuner card
needs 3.3V on the PCI slot, and without which the mobo might not
reboot.

I read the manual of IS-10 and could not see any 3.3v mentioned on the
PCI slot. Now the questions is: Does it supply 3.3V on the PCI slot?
If not, why? It is tool old PCI config?

What can I do now? Is there any trick to make this card work with the
mobo?

Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-10-3V-PCI-type-ftopict58184.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294042

Punt. Sounds like a Sapphire problem.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On 29 Jun 2005 14:38:59 -0400, freesoul
<UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

>I have a
< snip >
> PCI tuner card by Sapphire, which requires 3.3V PCI.
< snip >
>What can I do now? Is there any trick to make this card work with the
>mobo?
>
>Thanks

If the card fits in the slot, then the slot can accomodate the requirements
of the card.
PCI slots are keyed in such a manner that, generally, you can't insert an
unsupported card.

You may be experiencing an IRQ conflict. Try the card in different slots.
I'd try the third slot first, if it were me. The third slot being the one
furthest away from the AGP slot.

Of course there's always the possibliity of a duff Sapphire tuner card.