Moving folder from external hd

I did a bad bad thing...I was backing up my pc harddrive
folders onto an external hard drive (MP3). I accidentally
dragged and dropped a folder from MP3 onto desktop
harddrive folder (same name) and thereby replaced most
recent version of folder with old version of folder
(i.e., I did the opposite of what I wanted to do). Any
way to retrieve pc harddrive folder that has been
overwritten? Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about moving folder external

    NO. The original was replaced by the external drive version.

    "michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I did a bad bad thing...I was backing up my pc harddrive
    > folders onto an external hard drive (MP3). I accidentally
    > dragged and dropped a folder from MP3 onto desktop
    > harddrive folder (same name) and thereby replaced most
    > recent version of folder with old version of folder
    > (i.e., I did the opposite of what I wanted to do). Any
    > way to retrieve pc harddrive folder that has been
    > overwritten? Thanks!

External Hard Drive MP3 Hard Drives Windows XP