Rikaline GPS-6030 Bluetooth GPS Receiver

June 5, 2004 2:33:42 PM

Greetings,

I've had my Pocket PC for a while now and i'm starting to get
interested in having GPS to play with, so I can find my way
around places I haven't been to yet in this miniature country
of mine. I'm focusing on the Bluetooth enabled receivers so
I can stick the receiver in my bag or coat pocket while i'm
biking around. I've stumbled across this receiver, which is
(so far) the cheapest I could find:

"Rikaline GPS-6030 Wireless GPS Receiver"
http://www.rikaline.com/bluetooth_gps6030.htm

Perhaps someone could tell me whether or not this receiver
is of decent quality and accurate enough to spend €189 on?
(€189 = $230)
The aim is to use it with software like TomTom Navigator
or TomTom Citymaps Europe.
I could ofcourse spring for a bundle, TomTom + TomTom BT GPS..
but that's about twice the price of this receiver. :)

Thank you for your time.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

ACE!!! wrote:
> Greetings,
> I've had my Pocket PC for a while now and i'm starting to get
> interested in having GPS to play with, so I can find my way
> around places I haven't been to yet in this miniature country
> of mine. I'm focusing on the Bluetooth enabled receivers so
> I can stick the receiver in my bag or coat pocket while i'm
> biking around. I've stumbled across this receiver, which is
> (so far) the cheapest I could find:
>
> "Rikaline GPS-6030 Wireless GPS Receiver"
> http://www.rikaline.com/bluetooth_gps6030.htm
[SNIP]

You may be interested to know that this is in fact a rebadged Leadtek 9537
GPS Receiver, see
http://www.ict-international.com/various01/svarious01.h.... Leadtek are
well respected, their units are good and we have had one of these on test
for a while now and like it.
--
Darren Griffin
Pocket GPS World - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com

Thanks :)

That is indeed nice to know, gives me a better idea of the hardware.

~S.

"Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld" <darren@pocketgpsworld.invalid> wrote in
news:o At2h6ySEHA.3332@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> You may be interested to know that this is in fact a rebadged Leadtek
> 9537 GPS Receiver, see
> http://www.ict-international.com/various01/svarious01.h.... Leadtek
> are well respected, their units are good and we have had one of these on
> test for a while now and like it.
> --
> Darren Griffin
> Pocket GPS World - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com
> The Premier GPS Resource for News, Reviews and Forums

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
June 6, 2004 2:15:26 PM

ACE, you will love your GPS unit!

I have a hand held one (Magellan Meridian Platinum) which I use heaps and I
plan to connect it to a PPC when ever I get around to buying one :-P

Also, if you enjoy the outdoors and want to have some fun with your GPS/PPC
then give Geocaching a go.

http://www.geocaching.com. - Main site

http://www.geocaching.com/faq/ - Will answer all your questions

Cheers,

Alex

aka Lt. Sniper

Qld, Australia

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>

> I've had my Pocket PC for a while now and i'm starting to get
> interested in having GPS to play with, so I can find my way
> around places I haven't been to yet in this miniature country
> of mine. I'm focusing on the Bluetooth enabled receivers so
> I can stick the receiver in my bag or coat pocket while i'm
> biking around. I've stumbled across this receiver, which is
> (so far) the cheapest I could find:
>
> "Rikaline GPS-6030 Wireless GPS Receiver"
> http://www.rikaline.com/bluetooth_gps6030.htm
>
> Perhaps someone could tell me whether or not this receiver
> is of decent quality and accurate enough to spend ?189 on?
> (?189 = $230)
> The aim is to use it with software like TomTom Navigator
> or TomTom Citymaps Europe.
> I could ofcourse spring for a bundle, TomTom + TomTom BT GPS..
> but that's about twice the price of this receiver. :)
[SNIP]
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 2:34:26 PM

Sorry, I don't know why my message got spaced out like that.

Alex
aka Lt. Sniper
Qld, Australia

"Lt. Sniper" <lt_sniper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ACE, you will love your GPS unit!
>

> I have a hand held one (Magellan Meridian Platinum) which I use heaps and
> plan to connect it to a PPC when ever I get around to buying one :-P
>

> Also, if you enjoy the outdoors and want to have some fun with your
GPS/PPC
> then give Geocaching a go.
>

> http://www.geocaching.com. - Main site
>
> http://www.geocaching.com/faq/ - Will answer all your questions
>

> Cheers,
>

> Alex
>
> aka Lt. Sniper
>
> Qld, Australia
>
> "ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings,
> >

> > I've had my Pocket PC for a while now and i'm starting to get
> > interested in having GPS to play with, so I can find my way
> > around places I haven't been to yet in this miniature country
> > of mine. I'm focusing on the Bluetooth enabled receivers so
> > I can stick the receiver in my bag or coat pocket while i'm
> > biking around. I've stumbled across this receiver, which is
> > (so far) the cheapest I could find:
> >
> > "Rikaline GPS-6030 Wireless GPS Receiver"
> > http://www.rikaline.com/bluetooth_gps6030.htm
> >
> > Perhaps someone could tell me whether or not this receiver
> > is of decent quality and accurate enough to spend ?189 on?
> > (?189 = $230)
> > The aim is to use it with software like TomTom Navigator
> > or TomTom Citymaps Europe.
> > I could ofcourse spring for a bundle, TomTom + TomTom BT GPS..
> > but that's about twice the price of this receiver. :)
> [SNIP]

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 6:16:38 PM

Thanks for the tips :)
I won't be buying a GPS module anytime soon, i'm more into
researching the differences right now.. I can't afford to
spend $300 on anything geeky till my life settles down more.
(don't ask, pff) so for now it's look but don't touch!
needless to say i'm saving my change for it though ;)

~S.

--
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

earn an extra income £500 to £2000 per month visit
www.monsterlifestyle.co.uk so scary its true!!!
expansion into Europe July 2004 who do you know in Holland or Ireland please
pass onto somebody who may be able to help thankyou

"Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld" <darren@pocketgpsworld.invalid> wrote in
message news:o At2h6ySEHA.3332@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!