Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In "My Computer" 2 new devices appear--3½-inch floppy
drive and CD drive. Both appear without a drive letter,
and neither is a link that can be clicked on. Neither of
these devices is in the device manager.

Of course, I have a floppy drive (A:) and CD (D:), but the
above are in addition to these devices.

How can I delete these phantom devices from My Computer?

Roger, rt click MyComputer>select Prop>Hardware>Device Manager. See if
they show up there. If yes
rt click and choose uninstall.
"Roger" <roger**delete**@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
In "My Computer" 2 new devices appear--3½-inch floppy
drive and CD drive. Both appear without a drive letter,
and neither is a link that can be clicked on. Neither of
these devices is in the device manager.

Of course, I have a floppy drive (A:) and CD (D:), but the
above are in addition to these devices.

How can I delete these phantom devices from My Computer?

Thanks. But these devices are not in the device manager as
I said in the original post.

Roger, while you were in Device Manager did you try selecting View>Show
Hidden Devices?
"roger**delete**@sbcglobal.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:1c39f01c421de$183d3fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl...