keyboard not typing correct

My laptop keyboard does not type right, when I hit letter
key a number comes up instead.
2 answers Last reply
More about keyboard typing correct

    Does it have an embedded keypad?

    "tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | My laptop keyboard does not type right, when I hit letter
    | key a number comes up instead.

    Most Notebook PCs have a Keypad 'Num Lock' which is switched on and off using Fn key + F11 [on a Toshiba for example].

    Doing this will casue the keyboard to display
    4 in place of U
    5 in place of I
    6 in place of O
    - in place of P
    1 in place of J

    and so on.

    Try toggling off the Num Lock.

    If this isn't your problem, make sure that you have your Keyboard settings correct , go to Control Panel and also Input Language settings correct go to Control Panel.

Hardware Laptops Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP