keyboard not typing correct

April 13, 2004 9:35:54 PM

My laptop keyboard does not type right, when I hit letter
key a number comes up instead.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 14, 2004 12:40:41 AM

Does it have an embedded keypad?

"tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| My laptop keyboard does not type right, when I hit letter
| key a number comes up instead.
April 14, 2004 1:51:06 AM

Most Notebook PCs have a Keypad 'Num Lock' which is switched on and off using Fn key + F11 [on a Toshiba for example].

Doing this will casue the keyboard to display
4 in place of U
5 in place of I
6 in place of O
- in place of P
1 in place of J

and so on.

Try toggling off the Num Lock.

If this isn't your problem, make sure that you have your Keyboard settings correct , go to Control Panel and also Input Language settings correct go to Control Panel.
!