AN8 Ultra - Windows install Problems

Hi

from what i have read other people are having a problem installing
windows on the AN8 motherboards.

but i still cannot find a solution.

can anyone help?!?! PLEASE

regards

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-AN8-Ultra-Windows-install-Problems-ftopict58524.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296200

Have you tried to load the Nvidia drivers for the hard drive and video at
the beginning of the install cycle?
This may be a problem.
Or, do you have a slipstreamed WinXPSP2 disk to install, the drivers are on
there?

"" wrote:
> Have you tried to load the Nvidia drivers for the hard drive
> and video at
> the beginning of the install cycle?
> This may be a problem.
> Or, do you have a slipstreamed WinXPSP2 disk to install, the
> drivers are on
> there?
>

> "ghulam_mohiuldin" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote
> in message
> > Hi
> >
> > from what i have read other people are having a problem
> installing
> > windows on the AN8 motherboards.
> >
> > but i still cannot find a solution.
> >
> > can anyone help?!?! PLEASE
> >
> > regards
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-AN8-Ultra-Windows-install-Problems-ftopict58524.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296200

yep installed all the nv raid drivers.

i have installed win 2k, but the problem is that the computer reboots
as soon as i get to the GUI.

i increased the voltages on the ram, and it caused the computer to
reboot just a little later than it had done previously.

but i’m not sure what this means.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:40:10 -0400, ghulam_mohiuldin wrote:

> yep installed all the nv raid drivers.
>
> i have installed win 2k, but the problem is that the computer reboots
> as soon as i get to the GUI.
>
> i increased the voltages on the ram, and it caused the computer to
> reboot just a little later than it had done previously.
>
> but i'm not sure what this means.

My other post might give you a hint if you are using that 350W PSU.