New power supply for Abit mobo

I ordered a new power supply for my Abit mobo, an older AT7. The mobo
says it has an ATX1 power connector on it. After ordering an Enermax
ATX12V power supply for it I realized that maybe the 12V designation
means that it will not plug in correctly with my ATX1 power connector.
Since I ordered from New Egg, and they do not ship until Monday, I want
to correct my order if I ordered the wrong type of power supply. Can
anyone tell me whether or not an ATX12V power supply connects to my ATX1
power connector or not, and whether this will work correctly.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:40:26 +0000, Edward Diener No Spam wrote:

> I ordered a new power supply for my Abit mobo, an older AT7. The mobo
> says it has an ATX1 power connector on it. After ordering an Enermax
> ATX12V power supply for it I realized that maybe the 12V designation
> means that it will not plug in correctly with my ATX1 power connector.
> Since I ordered from New Egg, and they do not ship until Monday, I want
> to correct my order if I ordered the wrong type of power supply. Can
> anyone tell me whether or not an ATX12V power supply connects to my ATX1
> power connector or not, and whether this will work correctly.

The AT7 uses the standard 20pin ATX1 power connector.

Wes Newell wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:40:26 +0000, Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
>

>>I ordered a new power supply for my Abit mobo, an older AT7. The mobo
>>says it has an ATX1 power connector on it. After ordering an Enermax
>>ATX12V power supply for it I realized that maybe the 12V designation
>>means that it will not plug in correctly with my ATX1 power connector.
>>Since I ordered from New Egg, and they do not ship until Monday, I want
>>to correct my order if I ordered the wrong type of power supply. Can
>>anyone tell me whether or not an ATX12V power supply connects to my ATX1
>>power connector or not, and whether this will work correctly.
>

> The AT7 uses the standard 20pin ATX1 power connector.

Does an ATX12V power supply plug in to that standard ATX1 power
connector ? What is the difference between an ATX12V and a normal ATX
power supply ?

bobt

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:19:46 GMT, Edward Diener No Spam
<eldiener_no_spam_here@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Does an ATX12V power supply plug in to that standard ATX1 power
>connector ? What is the difference between an ATX12V and a normal ATX
>power supply ?

Yes, The 12V just means there is a separate, 4-pin plug (2 X 12V)
which, if not required by the MB, can simply be left unconnected.