psu for an8 ultra

i am connecting a 350W SmartPower ATX12V power supply (SLK3700AMB) to
an an8 ultra.

i would like to know whether the 24 pin space on the mobo must be
completely filled? the connector on the psu i thnk only has 20 pins -
do the other 4 pins remain empty on the mobo?

there is another 4 pin connector, but i think there is a separate
space for that, am i correct?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-psu-an8-ultra-ftopict58701.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=297373

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:40:07 -0400, ghulam_mohiuldin wrote:

> i am connecting a 350W SmartPower ATX12V power supply (SLK3700AMB) to
> an an8 ultra.
>
> i would like to know whether the 24 pin space on the mobo must be
> completely filled? the connector on the psu i thnk only has 20 pins -
> do the other 4 pins remain empty on the mobo?
>
> there is another 4 pin connector, but i think there is a separate
> space for that, am i correct?

A 350W PSU for a K8 system just isn't big enough IMO. Not saying it
wouldn't work, but it will surely strain the PSU if it does. As for the 20
pin connector to 24pin header, get an adapter. And yes, the 4pin "P4"
connector is seperate also but can also use an adapter from one of the
molex connectors. Personally, I'd just get a cheap 600W and be done with
it.