An8 Fatal1ty trouble..

Someone Pleeeaasee help me.
I have just received my an8 SLI fatal1ty mainboard, installed it and now
things seem to go completely wrong.
The uGuru software failes, whenever i alter ANY setting i get a reboot.
The system spontaniously reboots at random times. I already updated to the
latest bios version and cleared cmos.
I'm running out of options and have reinstalled XP with sp2, 4 times already

Specs:
Mb: AN8 SLI Fatal1ty
Hdd: 2x Maxtor diamond 10 (250)
Mem: 2x 512 corsair 400 ddr matched pair
Powersupp: Thermaltake Purepower Butterfly 480W
Video: Ati Radeon 850 Pro

Plz help,
jaco
2 answers Last reply
More about fatal1ty trouble

    In article <42d41cf5$0$24048$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, jaco steketee
    says...
    > Someone Pleeeaasee help me.
    > I have just received my an8 SLI fatal1ty mainboard, installed it and now
    > things seem to go completely wrong.
    > The uGuru software failes, whenever i alter ANY setting i get a reboot.
    > The system spontaniously reboots at random times. I already updated to the
    > latest bios version and cleared cmos.
    > I'm running out of options and have reinstalled XP with sp2, 4 times already

    I take it from the fact you mentioned uGuru that you're trying to
    overclock it?

    --
    Conor

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:32:48 +0200, jaco steketee wrote:

    > Someone Pleeeaasee help me.
    > I have just received my an8 SLI fatal1ty mainboard, installed it and now
    > things seem to go completely wrong.
    > The uGuru software failes, whenever i alter ANY setting i get a reboot.
    > The system spontaniously reboots at random times. I already updated to the
    > latest bios version and cleared cmos.
    > I'm running out of options and have reinstalled XP with sp2, 4 times already
    >

    > Specs:
    > Mb: AN8 SLI Fatal1ty
    > Hdd: 2x Maxtor diamond 10 (250)
    > Mem: 2x 512 corsair 400 ddr matched pair
    > Powersupp: Thermaltake Purepower Butterfly 480W
    > Video: Ati Radeon 850 Pro

    It sounds like a power problem but that PSU shouild be fine unless it's
    defective. Might try increasing ram voltage by .1v and maybe video card.
    Might also try increasing vcore, but that's a long shot.

Motherboards