An8 Fatal1ty trouble..

Someone Pleeeaasee help me.
I have just received my an8 SLI fatal1ty mainboard, installed it and now
things seem to go completely wrong.
The uGuru software failes, whenever i alter ANY setting i get a reboot.
The system spontaniously reboots at random times. I already updated to the
latest bios version and cleared cmos.
I'm running out of options and have reinstalled XP with sp2, 4 times already

Specs:
Mb: AN8 SLI Fatal1ty
Hdd: 2x Maxtor diamond 10 (250)
Mem: 2x 512 corsair 400 ddr matched pair
Powersupp: Thermaltake Purepower Butterfly 480W
Video: Ati Radeon 850 Pro

Plz help,
jaco

In article <42d41cf5$0$24048$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, jaco steketee
says...
> Someone Pleeeaasee help me.
> I have just received my an8 SLI fatal1ty mainboard, installed it and now
> things seem to go completely wrong.
> The uGuru software failes, whenever i alter ANY setting i get a reboot.
> The system spontaniously reboots at random times. I already updated to the
> latest bios version and cleared cmos.
> I'm running out of options and have reinstalled XP with sp2, 4 times already

I take it from the fact you mentioned uGuru that you're trying to
overclock it?

--
Conor

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:32:48 +0200, jaco steketee wrote:

> Someone Pleeeaasee help me.
> I have just received my an8 SLI fatal1ty mainboard, installed it and now
> things seem to go completely wrong.
> The uGuru software failes, whenever i alter ANY setting i get a reboot.
> The system spontaniously reboots at random times. I already updated to the
> latest bios version and cleared cmos.
> I'm running out of options and have reinstalled XP with sp2, 4 times already
>

> Specs:
> Mb: AN8 SLI Fatal1ty
> Hdd: 2x Maxtor diamond 10 (250)
> Mem: 2x 512 corsair 400 ddr matched pair
> Powersupp: Thermaltake Purepower Butterfly 480W
> Video: Ati Radeon 850 Pro

It sounds like a power problem but that PSU shouild be fine unless it's
defective. Might try increasing ram voltage by .1v and maybe video card.
Might also try increasing vcore, but that's a long shot.