How do I Re-format a partitioned harddisk to remove the pa..

donnie

I have installed a second harddisk that is partitioned on my computer. I do
not need the data on the disk, and I want to remove the partitions to get
one large disk.. I assume I need to reformat the disk to do that. I went to

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk
Management

and I see where I can format an individual partition, but I do not see how I
can format the disk to remove the partitions.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Thank You.

Donnie, try a Ultimate Boot Disk. http://www.docsdownloads.com/ubd.htm
You can use Fdisk to
delete and create new partitions.
"Donnie" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
> I have installed a second harddisk that is partitioned on my computer. I
do
> not need the data on the disk, and I want to remove the partitions to get
> one large disk.. I assume I need to reformat the disk to do that. I went
>
> Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk
> Management
>
> and I see where I can format an individual partition, but I do not see how
> can format the disk to remove the partitions.
>
> Any assistance is appreciated.
> Thank You.

"Donnie" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
> I have installed a second harddisk that is partitioned on my computer. I
do
> not need the data on the disk, and I want to remove the partitions to get
> one large disk.. I assume I need to reformat the disk to do that. I went
>
> Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk
> Management
>
> and I see where I can format an individual partition, but I do not see how
> can format the disk to remove the partitions.
>
> Any assistance is appreciated.
> Thank You.

Right click on the partition and select delete partition.
Then you can create another partition that fills the
entire drive.

donnie

JBM,

Your suggestion worked. Thanks for the information.

Donnie

"JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Donnie" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
> > I have installed a second harddisk that is partitioned on my computer.
> do
> > not need the data on the disk, and I want to remove the partitions to
get
> > one large disk.. I assume I need to reformat the disk to do that. I
went

> > Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk
> > Management
> >
> > and I see where I can format an individual partition, but I do not see
how
> > can format the disk to remove the partitions.
> >
> > Any assistance is appreciated.
> > Thank You.
> >

> Right click on the partition and select delete partition.
> Then you can create another partition that fills the
> entire drive.

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:39:04 -0600, "Donnie"
<notdisclosed@example.com> wrote:

>I have installed a second harddisk that is partitioned on my computer. I do
>not need the data on the disk, and I want to remove the partitions to get
>one large disk.. I assume I need to reformat the disk to do that. I went to
>
>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk
>Management
>
>and I see where I can format an individual partition, but I do not see how I
>can format the disk to remove the partitions.
>
>Any assistance is appreciated.
>Thank You.

Formatting has nothing to do with re-partitioning. A partition is the
container; the Format tells the OS how to read/write the data within
the partition.