AMD Barton VS Amd 64 Bit for High Definition Video how muc..

AMD Barton VS Amd 64 Bit for High Definition Video how much better is
a AMD 64 CPU ??

In article <uimbd19jpebst0e80v01m8djgtc3hlmo7b@4ax.com>, says...

> AMD Barton VS Amd 64 Bit for High Definition Video how much better is
> a AMD 64 CPU ??

Unless you're using:

AMD64 CPU with Win64 and 64 bit apps, or
AMD64 X2 CPU with XP/Win2k Pro and SMP aware apps

...then it is going to be no better than running a Barton at the same
clockspeed. So if you're running a Athlon64 3200+ and a XP3200+ both
using the same 32bit app then there'll be little difference.

--
Conor

Conor, tell me you're kidding? A Barton at the same clockspeed as an AMD 64
running 32-bit apps show little difference? This article here:
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD03MjI
suggests otherwise. Even a mobile barton (which has slight core changes to
make it more efficient than a stock Barton) requires more core clockspeed to
match a Athlon 64 on 32-bit apps. I'll bet my Mobile Athlon @ 2562 Mhz would
be lucky to be on-par with a AMD 64 running at 2.2 or 2.3 Ghz.

--
there is no .sig