USB flash drive not recognized

Hi,

I have a JetFlash USB drive from Transcend. When I
plugged in the USB drive, my Windows XP did not even
recognize a device add-on (even after manual hardware
scan). I unplugged and plugged many times, and even
rebooted the computer. But it still does not work.
However, it worked a few days ago. Any idea what caused
the problem?

Thanks,
Friend
1 answer Last reply
More about flash drive recognized

    Does the thumbdrive work in a different computer?
    Do other USB devices get recognized in that USB port?

    try "disk management" too assign a different letter to it

    right click "My Computer"
    click "manage"
    click "+" next to storage
    click on "disk management"
    look for the drive in the bottom right pane
    right click in the white area for that drive
    click "change drive letter and path..."
    click "change" change the letter

Hardware USB Drive Windows XP