A17 motherboard and headphones

I have an abut A17 motherboard ( http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z1DB22D6B )
with onboard sound. My speaker system unfortunately does not have a
headphone input, so gaming at 3am is not recommended!

Outputs on my m/b are:

1 x Audio connector (For Front Speaker, Line-in, Mic-in)
1 x Audio connector (For Center/Sub, Surround Speaker)
2 x USB 2.0, 1X IEEE 1394 Connector
2 x USB 2.0, 1 x RJ-45 LAN Connector

Is there some solution (other than buying a new speaker system) for letting
me plug in headphones without swapping with the speaker output?

Mike.

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

connecting a "Y" connector at the speaker out and running one side to
headphones? I realize that in some circumstances this can have a negative
effect on the sound as a whole but I have done that for years with an Audigy
card and very high quality Klipsch 5.1 speakers with no noticeable negative
effects.

when necessary, I turn off the Klipsch system and slip on the headphones.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com