Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I believe I have some spyware or adware on my pc and have
tried numerous ways to eliminate the problem but have not
had any luck. I feel my last resort is to reformat my hard
drive and reinstall windows xp. How do I go about doing that?

dl

Before last resort, how have you tried to eliminate?

"don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I believe I have some spyware or adware on my pc and have
> tried numerous ways to eliminate the problem but have not
> had any luck. I feel my last resort is to reformat my hard
> drive and reinstall windows xp. How do I go about doing that?

Duh

Go into your motherboards bios and change the settings to boot from cd, the
XP cd is bootable and that will allow you to format and reinstall.
"don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I believe I have some spyware or adware on my pc and have
> tried numerous ways to eliminate the problem but have not
> had any luck. I feel my last resort is to reformat my hard
> drive and reinstall windows xp. How do I go about doing that?

Mike

Splendid

http://www.lavasoftusa.com .. download and run Adaware..

also visit this site.. http://www.pchell.com/