Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

After I upgraded to Norton Antivirus 2004, my CD burner,
DVDrom, external hard drive and my compact flash reader
will not work unless you RESTART the computer with a disk
in each reader or have the external HD on. I run Windows
XP Home Ed. I talked to the Symantec people and they said
it couldn't be a problem with their software. I was
using NAV 2002 with no problem. HELP!!!!

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Remove the Norton software and see what happens.

"Randy" <rgh777@cox.net> wrote in message
> After I upgraded to Norton Antivirus 2004, my CD burner,
> DVDrom, external hard drive and my compact flash reader
> will not work unless you RESTART the computer with a disk
> in each reader or have the external HD on. I run Windows
> XP Home Ed. I talked to the Symantec people and they said
> it couldn't be a problem with their software. I was
> using NAV 2002 with no problem. HELP!!!!

hi wat i suggest u do is turn norton off just before u
try to copy ur data files or unistall norton and
reinstall c if that fixes the problem hopw this has been
of sum help

Hi,
I just had a problem I could not solve on my own.
I asked for support from Microsoft and within less then 24 hours they e-mailed a procedure which
solved my problem (XP was not recognizing my cd writer).
To get the support go to START>CONTROL PANEL>HELP AND SUPPORT CENTRE>
GET SUPPORT>GET HELP FROM MICROSOFT
You will have to get .net passport to get this help. Prompts will direct you.
Best of luck, Adam

TRENDING THREADS