help NF7-S ver2 won't boot with my W2k drive from old P3 Mbd

help is really needed here. I had 2 of my P3 Mbds fail. So I decided
to put in my Abit NF7-S ver2 Mbds as replacements. They are good
boards and I can OC them and get more performance. Sounds fine so
far.

But even after using my W2k CD to do the changing Mbd W2000 upgrade
procedure, I still can't get them to boot all the way into W2k. The
boot stops 2/3 thru with a Kmode error.

As you can guess, I want to keep all my installed programs and data.
So it appears I can not do a complete W2k reinstal even from the CD
repair page option2 without having to reinstall all my other programs
also.

Here is the error I get
*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xParameter_1, 0xParameter_2, 0xParameter_3,
0xParameter_4)
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

A search of the MSDN KB shows this related link, but it refers to
having to call to get a hotfix???
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839427
What can I do? Any call to MS is $100 or more. And they apparently
don't make the referenced hotfix available??? Sounds strange, too..

Acc7
15 answers Last reply
More about help ver2 boot drive

    I'm a canny Brit - you ask "What can I do?"
    I've read the post, and the knowledgebase article, carefully.

    FIRST - I'd post the specific question in a Microsoft 2000 newsgroup -
    chances are some-one will send it to you, gratis.

    SECOND - try a file-share service to find/download the specific files listed
    in the knowledgebase article - takes time, but cheaper than a call to MS (
    though unless you ask questions OTHER than this specific one, MS article
    says "no charge" for the service.

    Your question is specific to W2000, so more appropriate to a MS ng than this
    one, I believe. No offence intended!
    HTH -

    "Acc7" <Acc7@noemail.com> wrote in message
    > help is really needed here. I had 2 of my P3 Mbds fail. So I decided
    > to put in my Abit NF7-S ver2 Mbds as replacements. They are good
    > boards and I can OC them and get more performance. Sounds fine so
    > far.
    >
    > But even after using my W2k CD to do the changing Mbd W2000 upgrade
    > procedure, I still can't get them to boot all the way into W2k. The
    > boot stops 2/3 thru with a Kmode error.
    >
    > As you can guess, I want to keep all my installed programs and data.
    > So it appears I can not do a complete W2k reinstal even from the CD
    > repair page option2 without having to reinstall all my other programs
    > also.
    >
    > Here is the error I get
    > *** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xParameter_1, 0xParameter_2, 0xParameter_3,
    > 0xParameter_4)
    > KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    >
    > A search of the MSDN KB shows this related link, but it refers to
    > having to call to get a hotfix???
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839427
    > What can I do? Any call to MS is $100 or more. And they apparently
    > don't make the referenced hotfix available??? Sounds strange, too..
    >
    > Acc7

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Thanks fro your reply.

    Canny Brits are always welcome. My condolences on the recent
    T-attack. Glad you are ok. You Brits stand not alone.

    On this problem:
    1) Will post in a MS ng also. Thought maybe this might be something
    related to switching from Intel P3 to AMD and that maybe some other
    NF7 people might ahve seen the same problem.

    2) Even thought the KB article says they may not charge, they want
    your money/CC info and all before you get anyone. So don't really
    think I'd ever get it back and it's $100 for email & over $200 for a
    call.

    3) The idea of looking for the files is a good one. & I will do that.

    I have searched the KB for this hotfix and not found it. That kind of
    makes me wonder what they are actually doing. I thought they made
    that stuff easily available?

    Thanks for taking the time on this for me.
    Acc7
    >I'm a canny Brit - you ask "What can I do?"
    >I've read the post, and the knowledgebase article, carefully.
    >
    >FIRST - I'd post the specific question in a Microsoft 2000 newsgroup -
    >chances are some-one will send it to you, gratis.
    >
    >SECOND - try a file-share service to find/download the specific files listed
    >in the knowledgebase article - takes time, but cheaper than a call to MS (
    >though unless you ask questions OTHER than this specific one, MS article
    >says "no charge" for the service.
    >
    >Your question is specific to W2000, so more appropriate to a MS ng than this
    >one, I believe. No offence intended!
    >HTH -
    >
    >"Acc7" <Acc7@noemail.com> wrote in message
    >> help is really needed here. I had 2 of my P3 Mbds fail. So I decided
    >> to put in my Abit NF7-S ver2 Mbds as replacements. They are good
    >> boards and I can OC them and get more performance. Sounds fine so
    >> far.
    >>
    >> But even after using my W2k CD to do the changing Mbd W2000 upgrade
    >> procedure, I still can't get them to boot all the way into W2k. The
    >> boot stops 2/3 thru with a Kmode error.
    >>
    >> As you can guess, I want to keep all my installed programs and data.
    >> So it appears I can not do a complete W2k reinstal even from the CD
    >> repair page option2 without having to reinstall all my other programs
    >> also.
    >>
    >> Here is the error I get
    >> *** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xParameter_1, 0xParameter_2, 0xParameter_3,
    >> 0xParameter_4)
    >> KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    >>
    >> A search of the MSDN KB shows this related link, but it refers to
    >> having to call to get a hotfix???
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839427
    >> What can I do? Any call to MS is $100 or more. And they apparently
    >> don't make the referenced hotfix available??? Sounds strange, too..
    >>
    >> Acc7

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    You're welcome. The MS ng route is probably best.

    If you go the individual file-share route, do ensure that you get the
    specified versions - don't be tempted to take "later" ones. Thinking about
    it - file-sharers don't normally allow access to their system files, so try
    Googling instead, they're bound to be on a server somewhere!

    Once loaded (and run) into the correct directory, the system changes the
    correct files will make will ensure correct configuration, and the MS update
    engine will take care of the rest ( probably preachng here, sorry!)

    Appreciate your thoughts on attacks. There's another 3 today, but apparently
    not as devastating (based on NO mass-media coverage/program interruptions to
    schedule), I've still to hear the real news. Nil carborundum desperandum (
    we don't let the bastards grind us down ).

    > Thanks fro your reply.
    >
    > Canny Brits are always welcome. My condolences on the recent
    > T-attack. Glad you are ok. You Brits stand not alone.
    >
    > On this problem:
    > 1) Will post in a MS ng also. Thought maybe this might be something
    > related to switching from Intel P3 to AMD and that maybe some other
    > NF7 people might ahve seen the same problem.
    >
    > 2) Even thought the KB article says they may not charge, they want
    > your money/CC info and all before you get anyone. So don't really
    > think I'd ever get it back and it's $100 for email & over $200 for a
    > call.
    >
    > 3) The idea of looking for the files is a good one. & I will do that.
    >
    > I have searched the KB for this hotfix and not found it. That kind of
    > makes me wonder what they are actually doing. I thought they made
    > that stuff easily available?
    >
    > Thanks for taking the time on this for me.
    > Acc7
    >>I'm a canny Brit - you ask "What can I do?"
    >>I've read the post, and the knowledgebase article, carefully.
    >>
    >>FIRST - I'd post the specific question in a Microsoft 2000 newsgroup -
    >>chances are some-one will send it to you, gratis.
    >>
    >>SECOND - try a file-share service to find/download the specific files
    >>listed
    >>in the knowledgebase article - takes time, but cheaper than a call to MS (
    >>though unless you ask questions OTHER than this specific one, MS article
    >>says "no charge" for the service.
    >>
    >>Your question is specific to W2000, so more appropriate to a MS ng than
    >>this
    >>one, I believe. No offence intended!
    >>HTH -
    >>
    >>"Acc7" <Acc7@noemail.com> wrote in message
    >>> help is really needed here. I had 2 of my P3 Mbds fail. So I decided
    >>> to put in my Abit NF7-S ver2 Mbds as replacements. They are good
    >>> boards and I can OC them and get more performance. Sounds fine so
    >>> far.
    >>>
    >>> But even after using my W2k CD to do the changing Mbd W2000 upgrade
    >>> procedure, I still can't get them to boot all the way into W2k. The
    >>> boot stops 2/3 thru with a Kmode error.
    >>>
    >>> As you can guess, I want to keep all my installed programs and data.
    >>> So it appears I can not do a complete W2k reinstal even from the CD
    >>> repair page option2 without having to reinstall all my other programs
    >>> also.
    >>>
    >>> Here is the error I get
    >>> *** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xParameter_1, 0xParameter_2, 0xParameter_3,
    >>> 0xParameter_4)
    >>> KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    >>>
    >>> A search of the MSDN KB shows this related link, but it refers to
    >>> having to call to get a hotfix???
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839427
    >>> What can I do? Any call to MS is $100 or more. And they apparently
    >>> don't make the referenced hotfix available??? Sounds strange, too..
    >>>
    >>> Acc7

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    It's very clear what the problem is: the windows drivers that are being run
    off the harddrive are incompatible with the new motherboard. You must put
    the drive back in the old computer first.

    Look at this url, it will give you full instructions for swapping mobos
    without reinstalling:
    http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=77909774&m=1400925745

    rms
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Yabbadoo & others

    Just for your and others interest and general information:

    Abit did respond to my email to Abit-US finally. It was not very
    impressive at all. They said they only dealt with the hardware but
    out of courtesy they would make the suggestion "~that I reformat the
    hard drive and reinstall the OS~"

    Not a very intelligent answer when the question includes how to save
    you installed programs. But in fairness they did say also to back up
    my data before this.

    Since I can't imagine that I am the only comoputer person who has
    wanted to switch to AMD and tried to work with Abit, they (Abit) must
    have some familiarity with the solution.

    Am not very happy with Abit as a supportive company.

    I am now learnign that there are ways to "slipstream" drivers into a
    MS install. So there must be ways to do the same for a repair.

    anyway. Still trying to work this thru. Will post solution if I ever
    find one.

    Acc7
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    rms

    Thanks fro the link I will look there in a few minutes.

    From what I have found the drivers are the main issue, but does amy
    not explain all the problems.

    The procedure I followed for changing Mbds from MS should have
    accomplished that with the repair setup. I can now boot to hte second
    atep in a repair setup which boots from the HD. But I only get
    partway (1/2 way) thru the "initializing devices" screen when
    everything either goes black (actually very dark grey-green) and
    things stop happening. Or I get to the same stage and I get strange
    colors on the monitor.

    I appreciate your help.
    Acc7

    >It's very clear what the problem is: the windows drivers that are being run
    >off the harddrive are incompatible with the new motherboard. You must put
    >the drive back in the old computer first.
    >
    >Look at this url, it will give you full instructions for swapping mobos
    >without reinstalling:
    >http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=77909774&m=1400925745
    >
    >rms

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    I would suspect that even if you finally get the repair install to
    work it will still be a buggy (software wise) system.

    A "repair install" in normally a procedure of last resort. A clean
    install is always the recommended and preferred procedure. If it were
    me, I would consider this as an opportune time to switch to winxp.

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 04:58:37 GMT, Acc7 <Acc7@noemail.com> wrote:

    >Just for your and others interest and general information:
    >
    >Abit did respond to my email to Abit-US finally. It was not very
    >impressive at all. They said they only dealt with the hardware but
    >out of courtesy they would make the suggestion "~that I reformat the
    >hard drive and reinstall the OS~"

    Sounds like good advice to me.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Your response is right on. If you change motherboards, you are going to have
    to redo the operating system. Your second comment is even better, upgrade to
    WinXPSP2 now while you have the chance. It will be a clean load and thus
    run its best. You can buy an upgrade package and when you start the
    installation it will ask you to prove you own a MS operating system. Just
    put in the Win2000 installation disk and click OK. In a minute it will ask
    you to put back the Win XP and you are on your way. Good Luck,

    -Pete
    "- HAL9000" <gumpy@mail.org> wrote in message
    >I would suspect that even if you finally get the repair install to
    > work it will still be a buggy (software wise) system.
    >
    > A "repair install" in normally a procedure of last resort. A clean
    > install is always the recommended and preferred procedure. If it were
    > me, I would consider this as an opportune time to switch to winxp.
    >
    > Forrest
    >
    > Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    > http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/
    >

    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 04:58:37 GMT, Acc7 <Acc7@noemail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Just for your and others interest and general information:
    >>
    >>Abit did respond to my email to Abit-US finally. It was not very
    >>impressive at all. They said they only dealt with the hardware but
    >>out of courtesy they would make the suggestion "~that I reformat the
    >>hard drive and reinstall the OS~"
    >>

    > Sounds like good advice to me.

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Well, The point seems to be missed here. Or else I do not understand
    what a "clean install" means to my installed programs. I do however
    understand what a reformat and install means to my installed programs.

    So posters, understand that I have many many programs for which I may
    or may not have the install source still around. And many purchased
    programs that I could not likely find the registration keys to do a
    reinstal. So I have to save this system.

    I had counted on my ghost images and zipped data files to be suitable
    backups. (stored separately or burned to CD/DVD. I just never
    thought I would not be able to instal a ghosted image and run the
    system. So on that I was probably just plain stupid.

    As to upgrading to XP, I have absolutely no desire to do so even if MS
    gave it to me free. W2k is a good stable system. And when it becomes
    unsupported, I am not sure what I will change over to. XP offers no
    features that I find interesting and lots of new problems and new
    controls.

    Acc7

    >I would suspect that even if you finally get the repair install to
    >work it will still be a buggy (software wise) system.
    >
    >A "repair install" in normally a procedure of last resort. A clean
    >install is always the recommended and preferred procedure. If it were
    >me, I would consider this as an opportune time to switch to winxp.
    >
    >Forrest
    >
    >Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    >http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/
    >

    >On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 04:58:37 GMT, Acc7 <Acc7@noemail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Just for your and others interest and general information:
    >>
    >>Abit did respond to my email to Abit-US finally. It was not very
    >>impressive at all. They said they only dealt with the hardware but
    >>out of courtesy they would make the suggestion "~that I reformat the
    >>hard drive and reinstall the OS~"
    >>

    > Sounds like good advice to me.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Pete,
    Thanks for your post. I answered part of you suggestion in my posrt
    above.

    But on XP specifically: It offers no real attractions for me and the
    idea of having to "call MS" and get permission to change my hardware
    is very repugnant to me. I own licenses for all of my MS products and
    OS's way back thru the DOS age (prehistoric I know). So that's not
    the issue. I have paid MS for what I got from them.

    If there was an effective way to have the same freedom with XP that I
    have with W2k, I might consider it. But with the registration change
    that XP brought, I and a lot of us have become very suspiciuos.

    So there has to be a way to take a "stripped generic" W2k install and
    let it recognize the new Mbd. The doc's suggested by David Patrick
    point in that direction. but the process described is complicated. I
    am on the trail of a simpler approach. And I ahve found one backup
    Mbd that I can boot to which may help me make the "generic w2k"
    system.

    If it works I will post it in these news groups.

    Thanks
    Acc7

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:56:50 -0700, "peteki" <peteki@cox.net> wrote:

    >Your response is right on. If you change motherboards, you are going to have
    >to redo the operating system. Your second comment is even better, upgrade to
    >WinXPSP2 now while you have the chance. It will be a clean load and thus
    >run its best. You can buy an upgrade package and when you start the
    >installation it will ask you to prove you own a MS operating system. Just
    >put in the Win2000 installation disk and click OK. In a minute it will ask
    >you to put back the Win XP and you are on your way. Good Luck,
    >
    >-Pete
    >"- HAL9000" <gumpy@mail.org> wrote in message
    >>I would suspect that even if you finally get the repair install to
    >> work it will still be a buggy (software wise) system.
    >>
    >> A "repair install" in normally a procedure of last resort. A clean
    >> install is always the recommended and preferred procedure. If it were
    >> me, I would consider this as an opportune time to switch to winxp.
    >>
    >> Forrest
    >>
    >> Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/
    >>

    >> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 04:58:37 GMT, Acc7 <Acc7@noemail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just for your and others interest and general information:
    >>>
    >>>Abit did respond to my email to Abit-US finally. It was not very
    >>>impressive at all. They said they only dealt with the hardware but
    >>>out of courtesy they would make the suggestion "~that I reformat the
    >>>hard drive and reinstall the OS~"
    >>>

    >> Sounds like good advice to me.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Ok, let me explain it this way for you. Sorry if the word clean is
    confusing.
    What you are going to do is to reformat your drive, ie clean if off. The
    you are going to boot the computer using your operating disk, if you want to
    use Win2K it works the same way. If your Win2K was an upgrade disk, then you
    will need to let the program read any of your earlier CDs ie Win98 or Win ME
    to see that you are indeed upgrading. Now once it sees that you are
    upgrading the installation will proceed in the normal fashion and at one
    point it will ask you to enter the 25 alphanumeric key that is on the back
    of your CD case. After that it will recognize the new MB and install in the
    normal manner. If you are not changing the operating chip or hard drives or
    the amount of memory, it might not challenge the change of the MB and load
    fine. It is hard to say, I have changed a MB once and it didn't bother it at
    all and then the next time it did.

    What I do not understand is what is a "generic W2K" what do you mean by
    generic. Is this an OEM disk that you bought?

    I just don't think there is any way for you to get the operating system to
    recognize a new MB with a new bridge chip etc and a new bios and do a
    respectable repair install, it will just give you a big headache.

    Hope this helps,

    -Pete
    "acc7" <acc7@berkeley.net> wrote in message
    > Well, The point seems to be missed here. Or else I do not understand
    > what a "clean install" means to my installed programs. I do however
    > understand what a reformat and install means to my installed programs.
    >
    > So posters, understand that I have many many programs for which I may
    > or may not have the install source still around. And many purchased
    > programs that I could not likely find the registration keys to do a
    > reinstal. So I have to save this system.
    >
    > I had counted on my ghost images and zipped data files to be suitable
    > backups. (stored separately or burned to CD/DVD. I just never
    > thought I would not be able to instal a ghosted image and run the
    > system. So on that I was probably just plain stupid.
    >
    > As to upgrading to XP, I have absolutely no desire to do so even if MS
    > gave it to me free. W2k is a good stable system. And when it becomes
    > unsupported, I am not sure what I will change over to. XP offers no
    > features that I find interesting and lots of new problems and new
    > controls.
    >
    > Acc7
    >
    >>I would suspect that even if you finally get the repair install to
    >>work it will still be a buggy (software wise) system.
    >>
    >>A "repair install" in normally a procedure of last resort. A clean
    >>install is always the recommended and preferred procedure. If it were
    >>me, I would consider this as an opportune time to switch to winxp.
    >>
    >>Forrest
    >>
    >>Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    >>http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/
    >>

    >>On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 04:58:37 GMT, Acc7 <Acc7@noemail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just for your and others interest and general information:
    >>>
    >>>Abit did respond to my email to Abit-US finally. It was not very
    >>>impressive at all. They said they only dealt with the hardware but
    >>>out of courtesy they would make the suggestion "~that I reformat the
    >>>hard drive and reinstall the OS~"
    >>>

    >> Sounds like good advice to me.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    I have to agree with those who recommend doing a clean install. I
    appreciate that you may no longer have install disks (or keys) for some
    programs. But even if you do succeed in getting the old drive to boot with
    the new motherboard, you're likely to be left with a very buggy system. I
    know it's a real pain to do a clean install and then reinstall/configure all
    your programs. But your system will run better, saving you headaches in the
    long run.

    I'm considering doing a clean install on my main system right now, even
    though I haven't changed any hardware. Although the system runs fairly
    well, there are some wierdnesses that a clean install would likely get rid
    of. I have so many programs that a clean install and reconfig of my system
    will take me a good two to three days. So I am reticent to do it. But the
    fact is, over time, Windows gets loaded down with garbage left over from
    installing and removing software, etc. My system has been running WinXP Pro
    since the OS was released. I've upgraded to SP1 and now SP2. When I do a
    clean install, it will be with a SP2 slipstreamed OS, so it will be clean,
    clean, clean! :-)

    BTW, there are several ways to slipstream a service pack and make a new OS
    install CD. The easiest and quickest way to do it is to use a little piece
    of freeware called "AutoStreamer." Check it out:

    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562

    Regards,

    Margaret

    "peteki" <peteki@cox.net> wrote in message
> [...]
    >> backups. (stored separately or burned to CD/DVD. I just never
    >> thought I would not be able to instal a ghosted image and run the
    >> system. So on that I was probably just plain stupid.
    >>
    >> As to upgrading to XP, I have absolutely no desire to do so even if MS
    >> gave it to me free. W2k is a good stable system. And when it becomes
    >> unsupported, I am not sure what I will change over to. XP offers no
    >> features that I find interesting and lots of new problems and new
    >> controls.
    >>
    >> Acc7
    >>
    >>>I would suspect that even if you finally get the repair install to
    >>>work it will still be a buggy (software wise) system.
    >>>
    >>>A "repair install" in normally a procedure of last resort. A clean
    >>>install is always the recommended and preferred procedure. If it were
    >>>me, I would consider this as an opportune time to switch to winxp.

  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Think I've said this earlier in the thread, but these directions really
    do work perfectly for me. I've done this with an original 2k install,
    upgraded to XP, then done it twice more, most recently to the NF7 board.
    Also had the same experience with the wife's and each of the kids
    computers. (When I upgrade, everything gets passed down.) :')
    http://www.mostlycreativeworkshop.com/article11.html

    Margaret Wilson wrote:
    > I have to agree with those who recommend doing a clean install. I
    > appreciate that you may no longer have install disks (or keys) for some
    > programs. But even if you do succeed in getting the old drive to boot with
    > the new motherboard, you're likely to be left with a very buggy system. I
    > know it's a real pain to do a clean install and then reinstall/configure all
    > your programs. But your system will run better, saving you headaches in the
    > long run..........
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Airman,

    Thanks for the link. Just read it and it looks like a good bet.

    And since I can reclone this drive from the ghost images, I can try it
    a number of times. But with this help I may not need an infinite
    number of attempts.

    Thanks very much.

    I will post results of this effort for others to use. Won't get to
    try this til later in the week though.

    Acc7

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:07:00 -0500, Airman Thunderbird
    <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote:

    >http://www.mostlycreativeworkshop.com/article11.html
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Well SUCCESS!!!!!
    Special THANKS to Airman Thunderbird

    Thanks posters for your help.
    Airman Thunderbird's link for how to instructions worked just fine.
    It is interesting how Windows error messages often have nothing to do
    with the actual problem, though.

    After following the directions in the link the only apparent
    difficulty seems to be that W2k still thinks it has both a NIC card
    and the on board LAN adapters both. But then it says it will not let
    me chenge or delete the NIC card because it is not presently in the
    system??? But hey I am posting from the NF7-S ver2 Mbd right now.

    The link used is http://www.mostlycreativeworkshop.com/article11.html

    Acc7

Boot Motherboards