  • Microsoft
  • Disk Cleanup
  • Windows XP
April 14, 2004 7:40:09 PM

Hi Everybody,

I do not know that this should be posted here or what,but here is my problem
as you can see on attached picture, my disk cleanup is getting stock and
have never worked,how can I fix it?

Thanks,
A.K.
you can also reply to: afshinstock@hotmail.com

More about : disk cleanup

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 11:28:49 PM

Hi,

This registry file located at this site should fix your problem
http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#cleanfix

It implements the fix found here...

Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding While Compressing Old Files
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"microsoft" <AFSHINSTOCK@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I do not know that this should be posted here or what,but here is my
> problem
> as you can see on attached picture, my disk cleanup is getting stock and
> have never worked,how can I fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> A.K.
> you can also reply to: afshinstock@hotmail.com

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 11:28:50 PM

Thank you is working now ,do you know what could cause this ?

"Gary Tsang" <garyDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
news:o 9nCOhnIEHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> This registry file located at this site should fix your problem
> http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#cleanfix
>
> It implements the fix found here...
>
> Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding While Compressing Old Files
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248
>
> --
> Gary Tsang
> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>

> "microsoft" <AFSHINSTOCK@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > I do not know that this should be posted here or what,but here is my
> > problem
> > as you can see on attached picture, my disk cleanup is getting stock and
> > have never worked,how can I fix it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > A.K.
> > you can also reply to: afshinstock@hotmail.com

Anonymous
April 15, 2004 12:23:02 AM

Did you read the second link that Gary provided? The details are there,
albeit not much.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -