I got a static shock, now i have no sound

i was listening to music with my headphones, someone touched me and gave me a shock..... now i have NO sound coming from my headphone jack, and the sound from the speakers is VERY Quiet and VERY poor quality.. i made sure the volume is up and checked in the device mgr. it shows my sound card and audio devices as 'working properly' ANY IDEAS????????

you hace shorted out your sound card

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

uninstall the sound card drivers, then reboot.

if problem doesn't go away

try the soundcard in a second computer to see if the problem exist.